Where are the Retro Flight sims?

Started by republic, October 19, 2013, 07:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tuna

My first MP experience was Fighter Ace 1.5.. belonged to the VMF_214.. we put enough characters in the front of our call sign so that our individual ID's were hidden in game (really pissed off people who wanted to kill you)...

Great bunch of guys, still friends with a lot of them on FB


republic


SirAndrewD

Man, some great memories with these. 

I've got a joystick/throttle/rudder pedal combo with TrackIR, and honestly they're just gathering dust.  I desperately miss the mid-range sims with solid dynamic campaigns like the Aces series, F-19 Stealth Fighter, European/Pacific Air War, Red Baron 1-2, Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, and MiG Alley. 

I get some fun out of IL-1946 and Rise of Flight, but nothing compared to the hours I spent with those old classics.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Nefaro

Quote from: SirAndrewD on February 15, 2014, 09:53:33 PM

I've got a joystick/throttle/rudder pedal combo with TrackIR, and honestly they're just gathering dust.  I desperately miss the mid-range sims with solid dynamic campaigns like the Aces series, F-19 Stealth Fighter, European/Pacific Air War, Red Baron 1-2, Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, and MiG Alley. 



If you want a newer sim with a proper old-fashioned dynamic single-player campaign where the war rages on around you, then get Wings Over Flanders Fields.  It just came out in December.  Excellent campaign.  Well worth the cost.

http://www.overflandersfields.com/index.html