A True Grog Jack Nastyface

Started by Tomlok, February 22, 2014, 01:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tomlok

Hi

I would like to make this post to show my appreciation for Jack Nastyface.

He has pm'd and emailed me a few times in connection with my Steel Beasts Pro enquirers. He has been patient and answered all my questions and allowed me to try the sim at his cost. I declined but he proceeded to set it up for me.

He wants nothing in return. He said "I like encouraging this kind of "pay it forward" behaviour on the forums. "


He didn't ask me to make this post and i hope i have not embarrassed or upset him in any way.

Thank you Jack Nastyface

airboy

What a nice thing to post.
Cheers!

Gusington

How ironic, with a handle like Jack Nastyface.

He's been hanging around with us for years and has always been a gentleman.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on February 22, 2014, 02:34:48 PM
He's been hanging around with us for years and has always been a gentleman.
+1

He's been a good bloke ever since I first encountered him over at WG. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jack Nastyface

#4
Hey Tomolok,
Thanks for the note, and hope you enjoy the game.  This always collegial, mostly convivial, occasionally dysfunctional group of people are ultimately united by a single purpose:  wargaming.  Grogs helping grogs is part of what we're about.  I have benefitted from the kindness of fellow gamers through this (and other sites) and feel honor-bound to do the same, when I can.  Plus I am in need of some good karma right now.

You are, of course, indebted to post your impressions of SB Pro PE in an appropriate thread / topic.  People come to our forums to share comments - good and bad, experienced and introductory - about wargames, so your opinions, experiences, etc are part of our story.

Yours in gaming,

Jack Nastyface
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Martok

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on February 22, 2014, 04:54:52 PM
This always collegial, mostly convivial, occasionally dysfuntional group of people
Only occasionally dysfunctional??!  I'm insulted!  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bbmike

Grogheads = awesome! I shall now go pour another scotch and drink at toast to them!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

^Good idea. I'll join you if I may. Single malt OK for you?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Toonces

My buddy at work insists I must try a $70 bottle of Scotch.  I, on the other hand, insist that such expensive booze would be lost on my pathetic palette.  To prove this I bought a bottle Clan MacGreggor yesterday.  Thus equipped, I shall join you all in said toast to both Grogheads, and Gentleman Jack Nastyface. 

(On a separate note, I would also like to concur that Jack is indeed a great guy, having been a recipient of his generosity on several occasions.  To Jack!)

:-*
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bbmike

Quote from: bob48 on February 22, 2014, 06:07:52 PM
^Good idea. I'll join you if I may. Single malt OK for you?

Yep, I'm having a Singleton of Glendullan 12 year old single malt right now. I've been drinking the smokier and saltier Islay region scotches lately though and really like them.

"Here's to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."
                                                                            - Homer Simpson   8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Quote from: Toonces on February 22, 2014, 06:12:07 PM
My buddy at work insists I must try a $70 bottle of Scotch.  I, on the other hand, insist that such expensive booze would be lost on my pathetic palette.  To prove this I bought a bottle Clan MacGreggor yesterday.  Thus equipped, I shall join you all in said toast to both Grogheads, and Gentleman Jack Nastyface. 

(On a separate note, I would also like to concur that Jack is indeed a great guy, having been a recipient of his generosity on several occasions.  To Jack!)

:-*

Here! here!



(BTW, I used to substitute Clan MacGregor for my usual Johnny Walker when I was too broke to even afford the Red. It's not bad but you can taste the difference. I mainly drank it mixed but occasionally neat. Still, it's not a big jump up in price from the MacGregor to JW Red so pick up a smaller bottle some time. Even if it's not your thing it will keep well and be there when you have company over and need to pour someone a Scotch. AFA anything more upscale than that- my own tastebuds are not refined enough to appreciate anything above JW Black to make it worth spending my own money on it. Someone else's, however...  ;) )
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Yskonyn

I wonder if this will end up in manly electronic soft porn?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Good that you have some response Tomlok.   ;)

Jarhead0331

Jack nasty has ALWAYS been the most gentlemanly of posters throughout the many years. He adds to every conversation he participates in and is a true asset to our community. It has been a pleasure "knowing" him.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 22, 2014, 06:50:21 PM

my own tastebuds are not refined enough to appreciate anything above JW Black to make it worth spending my own money on it. Someone else's, however...  ;) )

tonights wargaming tipple of choice