Main Menu

Steam Down?

Started by Tpek, February 28, 2014, 05:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tpek

Is it just me or is Steam drunk&unconscious again? :P

I can access neither the Steam client or the website.

EDIT: I seem to now have access to the website.
I guess they're still having a hangover though.

Nefaro

Loading up fine for me.

Maybe a cross-ocean hub wigging out on you?

Although I was getting some intermittent video pauses last night when browsing their store.  That was during US peak time, though.

Tpek

I've seen it discussed over the Steam forum.
Seems like it is happening to a lot of people.
Could be they still haven't brought up all the regional servers, so you can connect fine while I still can't.

Going to eat lunch, hopefully it will be back by the time I'm finished.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on February 28, 2014, 05:48:05 AM
I've seen it discussed over the Steam forum.
Seems like it is happening to a lot of people.
Could be they still haven't brought up all the regional servers, so you can connect fine while I still can't.

Going to eat lunch, hopefully it will be back by the time I'm finished.

I was already connected so perhaps their login stuff isn't working.  I loaded their store page in record time so that jives with this theory since there would be less people on than usual.

Staggerwing

I can't log in either and I'm on the US East Coast.


EDIT: NM, just got on after 3 tries.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Tpek

Steam is still problematic.
It won't let me play Thief.
Which is annoying since only today it unlocked for the world.

Gusington

It may be doing you an inadverdant favor with that.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

I've been getting Steam weirdness as well.  Twice in the past week it kept giving me the 'connection failed' message, which is incredibly irritating ("Check your internet connection" -- works fine, thank you very much). 

Only way around it, that I could find, was to delete everything in my Steam folder *except* the ever precious Steamapps and steam.exe.  Then when you launch Steam it re-downloads the deleted stuff.  Has worked twice now, but it's a PITA.

Boggit

Add me on that. I had the connection issue a couple of days ago. It didn't last long, but it is irritating...
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Martok

I wasn't able to log into Steam when I first fired up my computer this morning (around 8:30).  However, I just tried again, and it seems to be fine now.  <knocks on wood>

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

SgtRock

Just tried, first attempt failed but, the second try worked.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Boggit on February 28, 2014, 10:18:01 AM
Add me on that. I had the connection issue a couple of days ago. It didn't last long, but it is irritating...

Yeah, that has happened to me over the last two days.  Usually on my first attempt to start up Steam.  Today it loaded up fine, though.  Seeing how hugely popular Steam has become, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Steam servers are groaning under the load.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Quote from: RooksBailey on February 28, 2014, 04:57:30 PM
Quote from: Boggit on February 28, 2014, 10:18:01 AM
Add me on that. I had the connection issue a couple of days ago. It didn't last long, but it is irritating...

Yeah, that has happened to me over the last two days.  Usually on my first attempt to start up Steam.  Today it loaded up fine, though.  Seeing how hugely popular Steam has become, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Steam servers are groaning under the load.

I get some poor d/l speeds and response times on a fairly regular basis, and even the rare login rejection.  But it's never lasted for long. 

I had actually thought they were doing better during the last couple big sales.  Before then, I'd just get constant time-outs trying to access their online store for a couple days straight.  These last couple times it was only for short stretches and I could get on the same day/evening.

Father Ted

Quote from: Tpek on February 28, 2014, 09:00:59 AM
Steam is still problematic.
It won't let me play Thief.
Which is annoying since only today it unlocked for the world.

Could this be the problemo?

Ian C

#14
Steam was down officially. These links are invaluable for stress-free gaming & surfing:

http://www.issteamdown.com/

and

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/