Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!

Started by Lord Zimoa, March 03, 2014, 06:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lord Zimoa





Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War


This week we have for you on sale the grand strategy title Commander: The Great War. This game will be sold at the reduced price of $ 19,99. That is a discount of 50%! For the duration of the sale, the price for physical copies has been brought down from $ 49,99 to $ 29,99. Last week we released patch 1.4.2 for Commander, so this is a great opportunity to get into the game.

Commander: the Great War is the third game in the critically acclaimed Commander series and allows you to recreate one of the greatest conflicts in human history.

Get the game here:
http://bit.ly/1cwwPIQ

jomni

Thanks for the heads up.  I still don't have this game but I actually signed up for the iPad Beta.

Shelldrake

Great deal! I hope that there will be some Grogheads who take advantage of price reduction. I have certainly got my money's worth out of this game.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Anguille

A really cool deal...i really enjoy the game and just started a new campaign with the brand new patch. Go for it.

bbmike

Wow, that came out of nowhere. Sold! Downloading now...  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Was just on the Matrix site checking it out....are the sprites the only option or is there an option for nato-like counters?  And as an aside....I really wish Matrix would change their display of screenshots, they are way too small, at least in my opinion they are.

bbmike

I fired it up and saw an option for counters. What I didn't see was an option for Hotseat play!  ???
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Asid

There is an option for counters

No option for Hotseat (last time i played)

There is still active development of this title with 1.42 just released and V1.5 mentioned

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Greybriar

I was surprised to see that the physical version of Commander: the Great War that is on sale is the Collector's Edition. What with all the digital downloads these days with their .pdf manuals, it has become rather uncommon to see a game that comes with a printed paper manual. Spending $10 more for a printed manual (if it's any length at all) would be a lot cheaper than having one printed or even printing it on a home printer.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

sandman2575

Intrigued, but trying to get a read on how beer-&-pretzels (or not) this game is.  Is it on par with, say, Panzer Corps?  I don't need super hard-core ww1 (I have Ageod's WW1 game for that -- it's a tough nut to crack), but I need something deeper than Panzer Corps / Panzer General.  Does Commander: Great War fit the bill? 

Asid

Hi sandman2575

Panzer Corps is definitely beer and pretzels

The map of CTGW looks and feels similar to PC. CTGW though relies on Research and economy and they have a big effect on the game. There is also an element of diplomacy as well as logistics.

The new patch 1.42 changes a lot and i haven't tried that yet but it is meant to introduce big improvements.


Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Shelldrake

Quote from: sandman2575 on March 03, 2014, 03:55:28 PM
Intrigued, but trying to get a read on how beer-&-pretzels (or not) this game is.  Is it on par with, say, Panzer Corps?  I don't need super hard-core ww1 (I have Ageod's WW1 game for that -- it's a tough nut to crack), but I need something deeper than Panzer Corps / Panzer General.  Does Commander: Great War fit the bill?

I have both Panzer Corps and Commander:The Great War. From my experience with the two games I can say that CTGW is quite a bit deeper than PC, but is far easier to get into than Ageod's WW1 game which still manages to defeat me whenever I try to get my head around it.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

I have Panzer Corps and Commander: The Great War and can confidently say that Panzer Corps is much less complex.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

Thanks for the feedback, guys.  I'm gonna have to pick this up then.  Always on the look out for those Goldilocks games, not too shallow, not overwhelmingly deep.  I personally think Ageod's WW1 is a masterpiece, but it is still the most complex game I've ever tackled, and as much as I want to go back to it, it's still pretty forbidding -- and i've spent lots of time with the manual trying to figure it out!