Main Menu

Steam Down?

Started by Tpek, February 28, 2014, 05:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

Quote from: IanC on March 01, 2014, 11:06:12 AM
Steam was down officially. These links are invaluable for stress-free gaming & surfing:

http://www.issteamdown.com/

and

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/



Ha, those are great.  Thanks Ian! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Ian C

Quote from: Martok on March 01, 2014, 02:43:24 PM
Quote from: IanC on March 01, 2014, 11:06:12 AM
Steam was down officially. These links are invaluable for stress-free gaming & surfing:

http://www.issteamdown.com/

and

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/



Ha, those are great.  Thanks Ian!

You're welcome!

steve58

Anybody able to login to Steam right now?
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

I couldn't last night; the night before took several attempts. Not that I was really trying, just the client doing the normal check at system start.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Thx Jason, just tried using the links IanC provided and both say it down.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Lord Zimoa

Panzer Corps demand crashed Steam, must be.... LOL

bob48

Both me and the missus have been trying to log onto Steam for the last hour with no success.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Tpek

Noticed it as well.
And just when I finally started setting my comp in my new home :(

Anguille

Just wanted to install my first steam game...and now this  >:(

JudgeDredd

lol - down here too.

Oh well...Qvadriga it is!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bob48

Sod it. I think I'll go and push some Hero's of the Blitzkrieg counters around.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mikeck

 I'm a steam fan... I buy a lot of games from them. But I have to admit that site has been having a lot of problems lately and it's really starting to piss me off... I still should be able to play my games in steam off-line mode but if I want to download mods and stuff I can't...just annoying
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

sandman2575

Quote from: mikeck on March 13, 2014, 03:10:27 PM
I'm a steam fan... I buy a lot of games from them. But I have to admit that site has been having a lot of problems lately and it's really starting to piss me off... I still should be able to play my games in steam off-line mode but if I want to download mods and stuff I can't...just annoying

agree 100%  ... Not sure if Steam is just going through some weird rough patch with maintenance issues or perhaps hacker attacks (?), but it's becoming -- if not quite 'chronic' -- at least frequent enough that I've bookmarked sites like "Is Steam Down" and the like.  It's definitely a pain in the a$$. 

Love Steam to death, but I really hope these outages are not the 'new normal' for Steam service...

Anguille

I am sure it's Windows XP....Microsoft is right!

Tpek