Main Menu

I hate Apple

Started by Jarhead0331, March 13, 2014, 03:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Just par for the course for Apple.  Drop in the bucket.  Slice of the ham.  ;)

-budd-

thats just stupid...never been a fan of apple.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Tuna

#3
Hmmm maybe Slithering better switch to Android!


Oops darn phone spell check!

bayonetbrant

I've reached out to some sources to see what we can find out.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

tgb

Seems to me it's just a matter of altering some text, and making WWII a battle between the Alis



and the Hermans



Queeg

I'm an Apple fan but this is PC insanity run amok.  I can't imagine they really mean it - at least as stated.  There are dozens of games already on their store that violate that "rule."  Perhaps an over-zealous (i.e., under-intelligent) reviewer?  Perhaps images that are too close to the Nazi flag (which is illegal in many places).  I'd be surprised if this isn't fixable.

DoctorQuest

This reminds me of one of our customers who shall remain nameless.

They were so averse to "violence" that you had to be very, very, very careful about using what are considered pretty common business terms but were derived from weapons or war or such things.

Some forbidden words or terms.

War Room
Bullet points
"Kill" a process (UNIX command)

There were more but you get the idea............

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

I haven't been able to use the term 'cutting edge' for similar reasons.

But I like Apple too (II?). I agree with Queeg that there has to be another more PC reason for this. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous. God forbid we all learn something about actual history :/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Queeg

I checked out the full email from Apple, and I wonder if perhaps whoever is reviewing the game doesn't realize that the (historical) Soviet Union is not the same thing as (modern day) Russia?  The email suggests that the problem is that the "enemy" in the game is a "real" entity (perhaps as opposed to an "historical" entity).  Perhaps the reviewer is clueless about the actual world we live in.

Nefaro

Quote from: Queeg on March 13, 2014, 07:45:50 PM
Perhaps the reviewer is clueless about the actual world we live in.

They do work for Apple.

So perhaps their only knowledge of events is what they learned from the electronic snooping they've done on their customers in the past.  I lost count of how many times they were caught sneaking monitoring software into their OSes without telling anyone.

:P

SgtRock

Quote from: DoctorQuest on March 13, 2014, 05:36:35 PM
This reminds me of one of our customers who shall remain nameless.

They were so averse to "violence" that you had to be very, very, very careful about using what are considered pretty common business terms but were derived from weapons or war or such things.

Some forbidden words or terms.

War Room
Bullet points
"Kill" a process (UNIX command)

There were more but you get the idea............


Reminds me years ago about a story on the evils of UNIX, spawning daemons, parent process killing their children, etc. funny stuff.



GDS_Starfury

and that, NSA, is sarcasm.   :P
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


JudgeDredd

I've never liked Apple, their products or their business model and this comes as absolutely no surprise to me.

As someone else mentioned...maybe Slitherine will get their arses in gear and create Android games now!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

SgtRock

Some one needs to tell Apple, History is not Politically Correct! ::) 
A wargame on an Apple, oh the horror but, it's ok to use slave labor to make their products! :(