Question about Matrix and WiF

Started by JudgeDredd, March 12, 2014, 05:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asid

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 14, 2014, 12:50:15 PM
It's possible my brain was just stunned by the concept of paying no less than $200 ($100 per person) for a game that doesn't reliably work in its prime function (not even counting the bugs), while the Matrix PR guys are still trying to distract customers from that by waving around a set of maps for an extra $100 above and beyond the minimum $200 game cost which do, admittedly, work so far as they go.

+1
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 14, 2014, 10:47:46 AM
I don't know if this is THE announcement from Erik - I believe it is though

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3571077

Big disappointment if this is it.  Nothing new here and states the obvious.  Gives me no idea as to when it will be fully playable to get my money's worth.

Think I will just have to write this one off as a bad investment and more strongly scrutinize my future matrix purchases....

Asid

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 14, 2014, 05:31:29 PM
Big disappointment if this is it.  Nothing new here and states the obvious.  Gives me no idea as to when it will be fully playable to get my money's worth.

Maybe your expectations are to high ;)  :P
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Asid on March 14, 2014, 05:57:22 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 14, 2014, 05:31:29 PM
Big disappointment if this is it.  Nothing new here and states the obvious.  Gives me no idea as to when it will be fully playable to get my money's worth.

Maybe your expectations are to high ;)  :P

That must be the case....

JudgeDredd

Well Erik came on here and said to watch out for a post. I did and that post is up and I just don't get how that addresses anything in my original post.

There's a "cheeky" answer on the thread with Erik's post which says Netplay is broken and that he thought that was clear - but it was only clear if you read the whole of that post, which to be honest just came off as a lot of excuses and very little to do with the problems or an apology.

Yes - I know there's an apology in there, but like the netplay isn't working statement, it's so surrounded by so much fluff as to be virtually undetectable.

I think that probably is one of the poorest official posts to come out from Matrix...basically asking the public, who paid premium price for a premium product to continue testing it and reporting with absolutely nothing heading their way for the original disastrous release or for having to beta test over the coming months.

Very poor imo.  :(
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Asid

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 18, 2014, 11:15:11 AM

Very poor imo.  :(

Have you tried expressing your opinion/dissapointment over on the MWIF forum?
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Nefaro

Quote from: Asid on March 18, 2014, 11:33:43 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 18, 2014, 11:15:11 AM

Very poor imo.  :(

Have you tried expressing your opinion/dissapointment over on the MWIF forum?

He's certainly done so for other games in the past, there.  Probably one of the most vocal about the poor state of the CMANO interface on release, and understandably so.

At this point, I would think complaining about a broken overpriced game that has been in development limbo for years would be wasted effort.  May as well write it off and be done with it.  I would think most potential customers with an inkling of it's state had done so before it was even released.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Asid on March 18, 2014, 11:33:43 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 18, 2014, 11:15:11 AM

Very poor imo.  :(

Have you tried expressing your opinion/dissapointment over on the MWIF forum?
Are you taking the piss?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Asid

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM
Quote from: Asid on March 18, 2014, 11:33:43 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 18, 2014, 11:15:11 AM

Very poor imo.  :(

Have you tried expressing your opinion/dissapointment over on the MWIF forum?
Are you taking the piss?

No of course not.

I do however recognise the fact that any "negative" comment is aggresively handled.
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JudgeDredd

#54
*I should've apologised for my curt response. I did actually think you were having a laugh though.*

That's exactly why I asked the question.

I have posted many times over at Matrix. Most in defence of the company and some, in the last couple of 3 years, against some decisions. You are jumped on from a great height. There is a "rear guard" there that I simply do not want to get involved with and that's one of the reasons I all but left there a couple of years ago. I post occasionally

I saw one person over there ask if it was ready yet and there were several that jumped down his throat. One of them stated "Nice troll post"!

I don't express it here because there is no recourse to my postings here. It's not a sniper attack. I am well aware that Matrix/Slitherine watch threads here...as Erik has pointed out by posting in this very thread.

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on March 18, 2014, 01:05:40 PM
Quote from: Asid on March 18, 2014, 11:33:43 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 18, 2014, 11:15:11 AM

Very poor imo.  :(

Have you tried expressing your opinion/dissapointment over on the MWIF forum?

He's certainly done so for other games in the past, there.  Probably one of the most vocal about the poor state of the CMANO interface on release, and understandably so.

At this point, I would think complaining about a broken overpriced game that has been in development limbo for years would be wasted effort.  May as well write it off and be done with it.  I would think most potential customers with an inkling of it's state had done so before it was even released.
Thank you  :)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Asid

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 18, 2014, 05:20:28 PM
That's exactly why I asked the question.

I have posted many times over at Matrix. Most in defence of the company and some, in the last couple of 3 years, against some decisions. You are jumped on from a great height. There is a "rear guard" there that I simply do not want to get involved with and that's one of the reasons I all but left there a couple of years ago. I post occasionally


Understood and agree with you. I have read a lot of the MWIF forum, especially after release and it's amazing how they handle anything even remotely regarded as negative. It keeps me away as well.

Respect for expressing your opinion in such a hostile environment  8)
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on March 18, 2014, 01:05:40 PM
Quote from: Asid on March 18, 2014, 11:33:43 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 18, 2014, 11:15:11 AM

Very poor imo.  :(

Have you tried expressing your opinion/dissapointment over on the MWIF forum?

He's certainly done so for other games in the past, there.  Probably one of the most vocal about the poor state of the CMANO interface on release, and understandably so.

At this point, I would think complaining about a broken overpriced game that has been in development limbo for years would be wasted effort.  May as well write it off and be done with it.  I would think most potential customers with an inkling of it's state had done so before it was even released.

Consider me one of the people that fully didn't understand the true shape of the game....I knew there would be no AI, but had no idea a lot of issues were still existing with solitaire and netplay (besides the ones Matrix said would be fixed in a week or so).  Initially I was more worried about the price of the game versus doing my homework I guess.....they certainly fooled me on this one.  My negative experience has helped me become less of an impulse buyer so I don't make that mistake again.

Ubercat

I've read that solo play is going pretty well and it's possible for two to run a game using a number of remote desktop programs. If you have an opponent that you trust sharing control of your machine with, it's a viable stop gap.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Asid

Quote from: Ubercat on March 18, 2014, 07:18:23 PM
I've read that solo play is going pretty well and it's possible for two to run a game using a number of remote desktop programs. If you have an opponent that you trust sharing control of your machine with, it's a viable stop gap.

I believe solo play has issues still... supply for example. As for the Multiplayer "workaround" i read about it a while ago and it was just to much messing about and involved quite a bit. I also think there may be 2 "work arounds" both equally unsatisfactory in my opinion.
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying