Main Menu

Steam Down?

Started by Tpek, February 28, 2014, 05:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

#75
I think he meant if they are having issues, they should be letting people know...as in not right now, but immediately after any of the plethora of times it's quite recently

I haven't seen a single announcement. I haven't looked - but I shouldn't really have to. With the problems they've been having, there should be a prominent message at the very least acknowledging it and probably letting people know the what the problems are and what's being done.

But - as we all know (I think)...they're customer relations *EDIT* are aren't *EDIT* superb. I've certainly had a couple of occasions where I've required assistance and they were slow and unhelpful - and that's me being polite!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Tpek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 25, 2014, 09:47:46 AM
I think he meant if they are having issues, they should be letting people know...as in not right now, but immediately after any of the plethora of times it's quite recently

I haven't seen a single announcement. I haven't looked - but I shouldn't really have to. With the problems they've been having, there should be a prominent message at the very least acknowledging it and probably letting people know the what the problems are and what's being done.

But - as we all know (I think)...they're customer relations are superb. I've certainly had a couple of occasions where I've required assistance and they were slow and unhelpful - and that's me being polite!

Slow and unhelpful? you are polite.
I've had worse than that. :P (worse than whatever you could have meant with that understatement)

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 25, 2014, 09:47:46 AM
I think he meant if they are having issues, they should be letting people know...as in not right now, but immediately after any of the plethora of times it's quite recently

I haven't seen a single announcement. I haven't looked - but I shouldn't really have to. With the problems they've been having, there should be a prominent message at the very least acknowledging it and probably letting people know the what the problems are and what's being done.

But - as we all know (I think)...they're customer relations *EDIT* are aren't *EDIT* superb. I've certainly had a couple of occasions where I've required assistance and they were slow and unhelpful - and that's me being polite!

lol thanks JD, thats what i meant - just something on the store page, 'sorry about last night, we got hit by lightning' or whatever

Martok

I was having issues with Steam yesterday as well.  I went to restart my computer, and then nada; I had to switch to offline mode. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

I just had a helluva time getting it to start. Did a restart, got the "not connected to the internet" BS. Finally got in on the fifth or sixth try.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

yesterday I had the hardest time connecting. Today, got it on the first try.  :-\
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Tuna

Today tried to get in, because my son wanted me to buy him a CK2 DLC.. I couldn't.. so I went on the web page instead.. At the end of the transaction it said my credit card was denied... Then later I went into paypal and CC page and saw I was charged for the game. My son looked and he still didn't have it.. Then he logged in with my ID on his computer and it was in my inventory (even though the purchase was to gift directly to his ID)... Oh well.. he got his game.. but yeah, things are definitely very wacky in the Steam world these days and lack of Customer Service really sucks in that situation!

Boggit

Steam died on me on Sunday. I had to go in several times before it would update Rome 2 TW to v10. At least I got there in the end. BTW, has anyone tried out the latest patch? Is the game properly playable now, or still a buggy beta lookalike? ::)

I can't say I've ever been that impressed with Steam's support. I recall asking them what I thought was a straightforward question, and the answer - despite further clarification/expansion - appeared to indicate that they didn't really understand what was being asked of them. When we EVENTUALLY got there they didn't know the answer/or do anything helpful to resolve my query. In the end I had to go to SEGA direct to get a sensible reply. In that case, I felt Steam Support came across pretty ignorant, and unhelpful. Maybe they've contracted out their support to a support centre in a country where English was not a first language. You can't really blame the support person if that is the case, but it does raise questions about quality management. To be honest if I have a problem now it seems much better to check out answers on the forum, than struggle to get an answer with a support ticket.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bob48

I'm getting a new problem with Steam now, or at least, new to me. I can load it ok, but as soon as I try and select anything, it freezes up and I get a message to say that 'Steam Client Bootstrapper' is not responding. I have no idea what that is, or how to fix it............
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Dolan50

#84
Quote from: bob48 on April 09, 2014, 02:36:07 PM
I'm getting a new problem with Steam now, or at least, new to me. I can load it ok, but as soon as I try and select anything, it freezes up and I get a message to say that 'Steam Client Bootstrapper' is not responding. I have no idea what that is, or how to fix it............

This might help. I also get this problem with Steam every time Windows updates.
Some helpful ideas in the comments section also.


Sorry, I guess it would have helped if I gave the actual link :-[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nGCSKs1Z24
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Nefaro

Steam Community is running like shit here today.

I guess the weekend started early.  ::)

steve58

Steam is hosed on a Friday night :-\
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Was just getting ready to play some RO2/Rising Storm MP and **Fvck You Nef!**  >:(

I'm paraphrasing, of course.

Quote
United States     28 of 56 Servers Online

Martok

It's times like this I'm glad I work an overnight job, and thus rarely have to worry about dealing with this crap. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

Apparently the new hotness involves just straight downloading Free-to-play games to people's accounts, whether they asked for them or not, since after all they're free so what harm could they do if they aren't very large.  >:(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!