Main Menu

New Close Combat Game

Started by Rayfer, March 26, 2014, 03:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rayfer

Looks to be new and not just an update of one of their older releases.  http://www.strategycore.co.uk/news/closely-to-follow/

SgtRock

There are new new CC games listed by Matrix

Gate Way to Caen - based off the Panthers in the Fog CC game.

The Bloody First - based off a new CC game engine also known as CC 3D.


Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Rayfer on March 26, 2014, 03:58:09 PM
Looks to be new and not just an update of one of their older releases.  http://www.strategycore.co.uk/news/closely-to-follow/

Looks like they are recruiting beta testers. I've had good experiences beta testing for Matrix in the past and have applied. I have fond memories of the older titles. I have to be honest and say I don't know how much more innovation anyone can bring to the Close Combat series in its current form, but if players are still willing to invest in the game, then perhaps it doesn't need any. I like some of the things on the preview page, i.e. new terrain and historical commanders' names. If they have a new improved campaign system, that would be worth seeing, too.

I wonder if a turn-based ("WEGO") system - permitting much bigger battles - would be an advantage also. Or does it simply become too much like other games out there at that point.

QuoteThe Bloody First - based off a new CC game engine also known as CC 3D.

Hmm, just noticing this. Speaking of innovation. Perhaps I spoke too soon.


GDS_Starfury

and sometimes good memories should remain memories.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MikeGER

#4
...how are your memories of CC :PitF ...in a written form called review ;-) ;-) ;-)

Concerning  the new GwtC the question is: Did the AI improved
(I have to look for older PitF threads what those main hick-ups  were again ...thats the stuff beta-testers should give a glance)

GDS_Starfury

PitF was a mod of a game not worthy of attention.  how many times must I say it.
now back to your garden.  I hear that Syrians are tunneling under your yard.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Apocalypse 31

Quote from: MikeGER on March 28, 2014, 08:28:18 AM
...how are your memories of CC :PitF ...in a written form called review ;-) ;-) ;-)

Concerning  the new GwtC the question is: Did the AI improved
(I have to look for older PitF threads what those main hick-ups  were again ...thats the stuff beta-testers should give a glance)

No AI improvement with PitF.

They just kind of sit there

PAK

First screenshots (alpha version) from Close Combat: Bloody First.
Real 3d Unity-based engine, zoomable, tiltable camera.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/slitherines-new-3d-close-combat-looks-just-like-old-2d-close-combat/

Some more info at matrix forum
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3610819

Rayfer

Thanks PAK....certainly one to keep an eye on.

SgtRock

#9
Looks nice! Wonder whats changed gameplay wise from existing CC games?

I really hope infantry is larger than those in the existing CC titles.


GDS_Starfury

#10
oh really...
I must meditate upon this.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MikeGER

#11
when i see the new CC games screen shot ... a slight fear is creeping up on me that the inside-the-blackbox game mechanics calculations, espacially the tactical AI, is ripped straight from the classic CC?
Its just: Construct a nice CC map, tanks and pixeltroops in 3D, the underlying grid for calculation maybe a litte higher then the 4m? (IIRC) resolution of clasic CC (this will help with LOS and Pathfinding even using the same calculation), but in general the same spotting, situational awareness, pathfinding, and troops AI, ....
I hope i am wrong     

SgtRock

Quote from: MikeGER on May 21, 2014, 01:55:14 AM
when i see the new CC games screen shot ... a slight fear is creeping up on me that the inside-the-blackbox game mechanics calculations, espacially the tactical AI, is ripped straight from the classic CC?
Its just: Construct a nice CC map, tanks and pixeltroops in 3D, the underlying grid for calculation maybe a litte higher then the 4m? (IIRC) resolution of clasic CC (this will help with LOS and Pathfinding even using the same calculation), but in general the same spotting, situational awareness, pathfinding, and troops AI, ....
I hope i am wrong   

Read
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3588386

It really does sound like this really is a complete remake and not a rehash of old CC code!



TacticalWargames

Made in Unity so wont be a rehash of old code. I do hope they expand the psychological aspect and give the soldiers some personality (would make it stand out from say Graviteam tactics). Also hope they go back to CC2 levels of survivability for the Inf. Not sure they are though.

GDS_Starfury

Mike, knowing what I do of the old CC code, there is no way that the old can be brought into the new.
that isnt to say they wont be able to find new and "fun" ways to muck it up.
but it will be a whole new set of problems!   :2funny:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.