Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when Friday comes for you

Started by Jarhead0331, March 27, 2014, 08:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Lmao..... the fannying around with fallen enchantress when aow3 hits

PanzersEast

Had to quit my Xenonauts campaign again, still some stability issues as I had a crash on my 4th mission.

Played Eador MotBW and again it began to get repetitive for me again......  I still like the game, however I am trying to push through and finish my custom game, well I have until the end of today because we all know what is released tomorrow.....


PE

Tuna

Did some FSX flying in my new Milviz C310R.. Tough bird to get into the air!

Played a lot of Silent Storm yesterday.. I've owned it for awhile, but just installed it on my gaming rig yesterday and really enjoyed it!

Playing some MP Warlock with Stophro and W8Taminute this afternoon.

Kushan

Quote from: PanzersEast on March 30, 2014, 12:21:45 PM
Played Eador MotBW and again it began to get repetitive for me again......  I still like the game, however I am trying to push through and finish my custom game, well I have until the end of today because we all know what is released tomorrow.....

Forgive my ignorance but what is released tomorrow? I'm not aware of any major releases.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mikeck

Quote from: Kushan on March 30, 2014, 01:47:00 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on March 30, 2014, 12:21:45 PM
Played Eador MotBW and again it began to get repetitive for me again......  I still like the game, however I am trying to push through and finish my custom game, well I have until the end of today because we all know what is released tomorrow.....

Forgive my ignorance but what is released tomorrow? I'm not aware of any major releases.

Well if you don't know we are not going to tell you
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

PanzersEast

Quote from: Kushan on March 30, 2014, 01:47:00 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on March 30, 2014, 12:21:45 PM
Played Eador MotBW and again it began to get repetitive for me again......  I still like the game, however I am trying to push through and finish my custom game, well I have until the end of today because we all know what is released tomorrow.....

Forgive my ignorance but what is released tomorrow? I'm not aware of any major releases.

Age of Wonders III...  which I have been looking forward to for a long time and hoping it dethrones Fallen Enchantress for me.


PE

Silent Disapproval Robot

Played some ArmA III MP today but got slaughtered on nearly every mission.

Fiddled with War of the Vikings some more but I'm still terrible at it.  I'm usually either the worst or 2nd worst player at the end of every match.  Frustrating as hell.

I've been playing Victoria II with the House Divided and Heart of Darkness DLCs.  I never really delved too deeply into Vicky 2 when it first came out (Didn't grab me the way the original did) so it's been kind of a learn-as-I-go process much like I went through with HOI III.  Apparently the DLCs broke the tutorials that come with the game and PDox has not bothered to update them so that was frustrating.   I started out my first game as Sardinia-Piedmont and thought I was doing fairly well.  I let the liberals take control of the government (19th century liberals.  Free trade libertarian types) but that was a mistake as they drove the economy into the toilet and the working classes into socialist revolutions.  I pulled the plug in 1868 and started a new game as Japan.  This one is going very well so far.  I westernized quickly which caused the reactionaries to take up arms and I had to spend a few years putting down samurai revolts but it's been smooth sailing since then.  Economy is going like gang-busters and I'm looking to annex the Korean peninsula.  Unfortunately we're both in the USA's sphere of influence which means I'll have to create a bunch of incidents to drive down US-Japanese relations and then remove myself from their sphere before I can declare war on Korea.  I don't think they'll let me leave without a fight but they're busy fighting the US Civil War right now (it's 1864 in my game) so they might not be able to spare too much manpower.  I'd also have to go to war with the Chinese Empire as they're allied with Korea right now.  Could be more than I can handle but we'll see.  Spain's taken out a sizable loan from my banks and they look like they're about to go bankrupt.  If that's the case, I'll have a cassus belli against them and I might be able to grab the Philippines and the Mariannas Islands from them.  I have to improve my medicine to do so though as I can't deal with the jungle diseases yet. 

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on March 30, 2014, 12:21:45 PM
Played Eador MotBW and again it began to get repetitive for me again......  I still like the game, however I am trying to push through and finish my custom game, well I have until the end of today because we all know what is released tomorrow.....


I occasionally start playing Eador in the hopes that the variety will "open up" at some point, and become less repetitive.  I've not made it that far, if it's even the case. 

Like the setup but I don't think it has anywhere near the variety of customization as something like Dominions.

Gusington

With my infection clearing slowly I was able to get in a couple of hours of Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai today. Just about ready to start recruiting British Marines.Tally ho and all that.

Looking forward to everyone's impressions of AoW III as well.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

I went to the Boston museum of fine arts and saw one painting called "Herodias bearing the head of John the Baptist" which was so dark and Macabre that it instantly out me in the mood to play something dark...can't figure out what. I have had a movie or book do that but never a painting:

http://www.mfa.org/collections/object/herodias-with-the-head-of-saint-john-the-baptist-32243

Maybe some CK2 as some east European state or some Dominions 4 as an evil nation. I don't know. Just put me in a mood...and I'm not an art kind of guy...just a knuckle dragging cop
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MetalDog

Had an awesome weekend of gaming!  I have been Ragnar of the Vikings, Queen Juana of Castile and Ash Har the Wise. I have played from New England, to Florida to California.  Even in the Deep South a little.  All in all, quite satisfying.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Kushan

I played somewhere in the neighborhood of 16 hours of Diablo 3, plus and hour of EUIV with Metal Dog. Still love the new Diablo 3 loot system. Its working out just as well at high levels as it has been for my lower level characters. Now if only Blizzard would stop giving me legendary rings. The only thing I don't like is that pre v20 Legendaries cant be used for transmog, but I guess you can't have everything.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Anguille

Quote from: Boggit on March 28, 2014, 05:58:13 PM
Quote from: Anguille on March 28, 2014, 04:49:31 PM
Oh...just installed TW Battles on my tablet...some Shogun TW on my mobile device! Hashime!
Let me know what you think of it. I bought it, installed, played it a little bit, then uninstalled.

I have become very disillusioned with CA since Rome 2. I thought Shogun TW Battles was another trade in on the brand name, which for me is starting to be one to avoid. And yet Shogun 2 Total War was really good.

G*d alone knows what has happened to all the accumulated development experience acquired from the Total War franchise. IMHO they seem to be taking steps backwards with their products on many levels rather than increasing the gaming experience. I have been a Total War fanboi for years, but lately as a TW fan I feel really let down by CA. >:(

I've played it this weekend...and i like it. Obviously, it's a lighter game but also much cheaper. For a tablet game, it's really nice. As far as i know, only Slitherine/Matrix has some real strategy games for Tablets and per now, mostly for ipad (which i don't have). So i take this for what it is without expecting whole TW game.

What i like:
- Animations, Artwork and Music. Love how units move and fight...lots of lovely details.
- It's challenging (tried also some of the skirmish maps).
- The story is well told.
- Good progression
- Varied (puzzle type of missions, infiltration, full battles)

What i miss:
- True battlefields (larger)
- Strategic decisions

It's a good game and wouldn't mind if they came up with another release.

Ian C

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 30, 2014, 10:50:32 AM
Lmao..... the fannying around with fallen enchantress when aow3 hits

Yesterday I had absolutely no knowledge of AOW 3. Went on the site last night and now it's bought and sitting on my STEAM games list until 10:00 Pacific time, which will be 18:00 UK time. Can't wait.