It's been a hard days FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, April 04, 2014, 06:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

It's rainy, windy and nasty out this morning.  And I work outside.  YIPPEE!!  So, it being Friday makes the day a little more bearable.  Slightly.

As for games, I'm not feeling anything at the moment, but, rest assured, there will be games.  I expect some Civ IV MP at the very least.  Probably some Warlock or EUIV.


And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Greybriar

It will be mostly Age of Wonders III for me this weekend.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Ian C

Making History: The Great War
Age of Wonders III
Kerbal Space Program

bbmike

Age of Wonders III or Making History: The Great War unlocks in a few more hours so maybe that. Although a really good friend (and fellow strategy gamer) of mine passed away on Monday very unexpectedly. He was the only person I talked to regularly about computer gaming and geeky stuff. His favorite game was Civilization 5 so I might play a game of that instead.  :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

smittyohio

I can list whatever games I want, but I'm sure all I'll end up playing is more Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls.

Barthheart

Sorry for your loss bbmike.   :(

More VASSAL mod work.

Gotten back into CK II so some more of that.

Heroes of Stalingrad if either of the UK chickens want a bout.  ;)

Gotta build 3 new birdhouses this weekend too, Spring is finally here.  :P

Maybe some World of Tanks on Xbox. Great time waster when you need to mindlessly blow shit up.

JudgeDredd

Sorry to hear of your loss bbmike.

I am done bug fidning in LnL:Heroes of Stalingrad - but I'll likely continue my campaign.

Probably F1 2013 as the Grand Prix is on this weekend

And BF4. I know I said that last weekend, but I do mean it. In fact I might do some Crysis 3 and some Max Payne to clear my hard drive of games I have played
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

tgb

AoW 3, of course, and depending on the feedback on Making History - The Great War I may pick that up as well.

PanzersEast

Age of Wonders III mostly as I continue to conquer the known world and looking over Wargame Red Dragon some more.  On very slow the game can be lengthy.

F1 2013 practice as I suck right now.  I am at least 8 sec off pace with leader and 6 behind middle of the pack..... maybe a short career.

Quick play on Qvadriga and Banished.

Setting on my desktop as well is a return to Skyrim and FSX.


PE

steve58

#9
Well, probably not going to be able to resist holding out, so I'll most likely be checking out Making History: The Great War (p.s. Grogheads has an interview up with Muzzy Lane), Warlock II and definitely be checking out the new additions to Kerbal Space Program to see if I can snag an asteroid or two. 

Almost forgot, I also need to check out the new FTL: Advanced Edition.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Sorry about your buddy, bb.

I am on the verge of winnng my Shogun 2, Fall of the Samurai campaign. After that I was planning on playing Assassin's Creed - Black Flag, but I didn't realize that Making History - the Great War was on the verge of being released...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I too am sorry to hear about your friend BB. Grogs are the only Nerds I co-miserate with. Everybody else thinks I am cool ;D If they only knew. I'll be trying to make progress with Decisive Campaigns WtP- Case White but as that requires time to think and plan, and around here on weekends, that can be rare, I'll probably go with CMBN where being lucky can sometimes make-up for being stupid. My kind of game. 8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Great Ajax

Today is my only day off with drill over the weekend.  So I am downloading Combat Mission Red Thunder and plan on playing some Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls and maybe some War Thunder Ground Forces.  I still need to check out Red Dragon too.

Trey

Tuna

Sorry for your loss BB.

I have a work DR test, so that means staying up late (hopefully not too late)..

Hope to continue MP games of Warlock and CMBN.

A few FSX flights of course..

Some more Silent Storm

Maybe some Rome 2

Nefaro

#14
After being ill with the damn plague all week, I'm finally starting to recover enough energy to enjoy some gaming this weekend.

I picked up Age of Wonders 3 but haven't played it much yet (aforementioned plague).

May pick up Making History WWI if I'm feeling in the mood, but I've still been focusing on the ancient & classical stuff when it comes to historical gaming lately so it may wait.  Great Battles Collection, HPS Ancient Warfare series, AJE/BOR, Hannibal: Rome & Carthage, and TW Rome 2 are still at the top of my play list. 

I've been fighting Hannibal's battles in Great Battles Series and a Birth of Rome scenario as Pyrrhus and his Magna Graecian & Samnite allies. :D

I also have numerous tabletop games I've not even begun yet, with Sword of Rome having been set up since the end of last weekend when the vile viral curse overtook me.  The Blackbeard remake is waiting next in line.