Imperium: Arena of Death Career Based Sim

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 18, 2014, 09:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DerekD

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 07, 2014, 09:10:30 PM
Quote from: DerekD on April 07, 2014, 07:56:56 PM
The game has now been released: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/imp
If anyone has any questions, i'm here to answer them (i'm the game's programmer/developer).

Welcome!  I hope our guys bug the crap out of you with questions :)

I hope so too! Thanks for the welcome.

tgb

Quote from: DerekD on April 08, 2014, 09:56:44 PM
Quote from: tgb on April 08, 2014, 09:54:57 AM
I downloaded the demo, but all the text fields (name of gladiators, etc.) remain blank, even after putting my own names in.  This is with a GTX 650 TI superclocked and Win 8.

It does not inspire me to spend $25 on the full version.

You may want to reset your computer if you haven't since you installed it; it has fixed the issue for the only 2 other people who have had the issue. Not sure why it does that on rare occasions; it does install a few fonts to a user's system.

I don't know what you mean by "reset" my computer.  I did uninstall and reinstall the demo and the problem remains - and text that would be in a list box isn't there. I even tried compatibility mode, but no luck.

DerekD

Quote from: tgb on April 08, 2014, 10:13:01 PM
Quote from: DerekD on April 08, 2014, 09:56:44 PM
Quote from: tgb on April 08, 2014, 09:54:57 AM
I downloaded the demo, but all the text fields (name of gladiators, etc.) remain blank, even after putting my own names in.  This is with a GTX 650 TI superclocked and Win 8.

It does not inspire me to spend $25 on the full version.

You may want to reset your computer if you haven't since you installed it; it has fixed the issue for the only 2 other people who have had the issue. Not sure why it does that on rare occasions; it does install a few fonts to a user's system.

I don't know what you mean by "reset" my computer.  I did uninstall and reinstall the demo and the problem remains - and text that would be in a list box isn't there. I even tried compatibility mode, but no luck.

I meant reboot your system (several other games advise this too actually). This fixed it for someone just today in fact.

tgb

This time rebooting did, in fact, work.  Thanks.

DerekD

Just an update: Version 2.0 with enhanced quests, tweaks and fixes was just released. Lots of changes since this first came out. I'll also be using some of Dennis's list for a final free update and/or sequel as well (some great ideas there!)

If anyone wants a special purchase discount offer on this game, feel free to email me and I can offer you a great deal + bonuses! Shoot it to: indiegameguy@live.com

Thanks!