Main Menu

Games on Pre-order

Started by Bison, April 30, 2012, 10:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on April 30, 2012, 12:39:06 PM
Are there tactical battles in Warlock or does it play like Civ? Are there different ages to progress through? I am still recovering from bad purchase decisions in this genre! :/

It's like Civ - no tactical battles like Total War. What's cool is that it seems to have hit a sweet spot between having enough moving parts to make it interesting without being too complicated. I played a ton of an early build and then got pulled away on other stuff. I had forgotten just how much fun it really is. This could be the next great turn-based strategy fantasy game.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Sniper Elite v2
Iron Front: 1944

Gusington

So Warlock goes on sale next week eh? Sounds very good. I will wait for the reviews first though. There's not a lot of info out there right now.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Onion

I played PR2 a lot after I finally got the hang of it. It took a lot of false starts and sitting on a shelf for a long time. Now I consider PR3 a must buy.

AS much as I liked PR2 I never got into Patrician even though I own the two latest versions.

Tpek

Warlock is simply a silly Civ V mod.
After playing the demo I became so unimpressed that I'd really not waste any money on it (You DO know there is a free demo available on Steam, right?).

As for pre-orders, I've got some. I was in the Guild Wars 2 weekend event, but was only able to play a few hours on Sunday thanks to the countless error messages most of the world
received when trying to log in :P

I've got a few Indies-in-beta, and have prepurchased the new Shadowrun game.

Gusington

^LB begs to differ with you on Warlock.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

#21
As long as it's not an Elemental gaming experience I'll be happy.  I'm still suffering from Elemental shock.

Gusington

^Yeah that's what I was alluding to above. Still have the pewter dragon though.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

Only thing I have on pre-order right now is my two collector editions of Diablo 3. I'm going to wait for review on Warlock before I decide to buy it or not.

I am going to pre-order Endless Space sometime in the next week or so. I'm always on the look out for space 4x games.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Tpek

Quote from: Kushan on April 30, 2012, 03:04:26 PM
Only thing I have on pre-order right now is my two collector editions of Diablo 3. I'm going to wait for review on Warlock before I decide to buy it or not.

I am going to pre-order Endless Space sometime in the next week or so. I'm always on the look out for space 4x games.

Why 2 copies????


@Gus, well, LB is entitled to his opinion. I still believe Warlock (or Porkchop as I prefer to call it) is hardly even mediocre.
Frankly, Fallen Enchantress, the new Elemental, is far superior while still only being in early beta.

LongBlade

Quote from: Tpek on April 30, 2012, 03:55:52 PM
Quote from: Kushan on April 30, 2012, 03:04:26 PM
Only thing I have on pre-order right now is my two collector editions of Diablo 3. I'm going to wait for review on Warlock before I decide to buy it or not.

I am going to pre-order Endless Space sometime in the next week or so. I'm always on the look out for space 4x games.

Why 2 copies????


@Gus, well, LB is entitled to his opinion. I still believe Warlock (or Porkchop as I prefer to call it) is hardly even mediocre.
Frankly, Fallen Enchantress, the new Elemental, is far superior while still only being in early beta.

I'm curious about some of the specifics you're not liking. The AI is brain-dead, but I kinda like my strategy games that way. Warlock seems almost like a 4X kind of game in a fantasy setting. For me it's an easy game to play. Nothing stressful, I don't have to think, the next thing I know an hour has gone by and I've had a good time.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Grim.Reaper

Only game on pre-order for me right now is Sniper Elite V2...been waiting patiently.

TheCommandTent

Does pledging a Kickstarter count as a pre-order.  If so put me down for Wasteland 2.  Just 18 months to go....  :o

Other then that I am usually a wuss about pre-ordering.  I have been burned before by games that did not come in a playable form or were full of bugs.  Yes I am looking at you Elemental.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

^I didn't even think of Wasteland 2...I am also on preorder for it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Only Diablo III right now. Got the installer downloaded, now I just have to wait for the 15th...