War Thunder Global beta keys

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, October 01, 2012, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I don't find the grind to be bad at all.   Just don't waste time in the Arcade Battle servers.  Realistic Battles give you 3x the awards value and Simulation Battles give you 6x.  If you play on the weekends when your first battle for each nation gives you 4x for your first victory, you ca. Rake in the research points and silver eagles.  It takes way more time to earn all the specific optimization upgrades for an individual plane than it does to earn the plane itself. 

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 16, 2014, 04:12:09 PM
I don't find the grind to be bad at all.   Just don't waste time in the Arcade Battle servers.  Realistic Battles give you 3x the awards value and Simulation Battles give you 6x.  If you play on the weekends when your first battle for each nation gives you 4x for your first victory, you ca. Rake in the research points and silver eagles.  It takes way more time to earn all the specific optimization upgrades for an individual plane than it does to earn the plane itself.

Realistic Battles are the definition of "wasting time".

I love to fly in them but I end up spending long stretches waiting in the queue and twiddling my thumbs.  Can get into an Arcade battle with about a 5 to 10 second wait and get enough kills to nullify the RB bonuses, without having to wait.

I'd fly more RB but they rarely pop fast enough on the US servers when I'm playing.  :-\

Silent Disapproval Robot

I play on US servers.  Wait's usually only about a minute and rarely more than two.  I just alt-tab out, browse and wait til I hear the start music and jump back in.

eyebiter

.
#123
.

Slick Wilhelm

Guys, is there a game mode which restricts views to in-cockpit? I'm not interested in fighting either with or against others who are flying in third-person view. For tanks that's fine, but not for airplanes, IMO.

Silent Disapproval Robot

#125
Custom battles allow you to restrict views to cockpit only and remove the red and blue HUD tags.

Simulation battles do the same.  None of the bombers and very few of the heavy twin engine fighters have had their cockpits done yet though so they still get a Wonder-Woman view of the world.  (I think only the Mosquitoes, the P-38s, and the Bf-110s have had their cockpits done at this point.)

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 17, 2014, 12:25:53 PM
Custom battles allow you to restrict views to cockpit only and remove the red and blue HUD tags.

Simulation battles do the same.  None of the bombers and very few of the heavy twin engine fighters have had their cockpits done yet though so they still get a Wonder-Woman view of the world.  (I think only the Mosquitoes, the P-38s, and the Bf-110s have had their cockpits done at this point.)

Some of the Soviet twin-engine aircraft have theirs done, of course.  Like the Pe-2.  Not surprising since the Soviet line has often been their biggest focus.

But, yeah, many parts of the game are still unfinished.  Not just the cockpits but the flight and damage models on numerous aircraft.  They tend to add new aircraft and just leave them with funky placeholder FMs and DMs which cause all kinds of a stink.

eyebiter

.
#127
.

undercovergeek

So is air and ground a separate game choice or am I flying my plane over the same battlefield you're driving your tank?

eyebiter

.
#129
.

Yskonyn

For those who are flying: how would you describe simulation mode in WT? Does it feature things like mixture settings and propeller blade angle management or does it merely define the way the damage and physics are modelled?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Silent Disapproval Robot

It does have complex engine management and you can adjust mixture and prop pitch.  It's not plane specific though so don't go in expecting different types of WEP for different planes.  Sim mode can be a lot of fun but not that many people play it and for some reason WT limits the nations available so for 2-3 weeks it's only USSR vs. Germany.  If you want to fly as the UK/ Commonwealth, the Japanese, or the US, you'll have to wait until the map cycles.  USSR vs. Germany is heavily favoured though so it's usually a 3 weeks to 1 ratio. 

You can set up a custom battle and set it to full real, cockpit only, no icons mode but it's best to have a group you know and password protect it otherwise you get more than a few asshats who will show up and either whine because there are no icons, TK, or ruin gameplay by calling out everyone's position and alt on open chat once they're dead.

Yskonyn

Well I have my preferred titles for real sim stuff, but I am interested in WT for the more 'jump in and get into the action quickly' while having a reasonable simulation as opposed to the arcade model of Ace Combat or Battlefield.
If WT is just that then I am super interested!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Silent Disapproval Robot

Steer clear of Arcade Battles mode and you'll be fine. 

Yskonyn

Cool beans! I know what I will be downloading tomorrow. Any euro dudes playing?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."