CM Red Thunder page is up

Started by undercovergeek, January 30, 2014, 05:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Keunert on April 25, 2014, 02:08:01 AM
Is Battlefront doing sales? I do not remember?

And when do demos usually arrive?

I could be wrong, but I dont recall them having sales much....however I do think over time they do some times reduce the costs of the products but that usually isn't any time soon after release.

magnus

 I just bought Red Thunder last night and I am totally impressed. I own CMBN and some addons and it is running 2.X.

I think there is a large difference in the overall physical beauty of the game, let alone all the extra and under the hood workings.

I am too lazy to find the other thread, but in it I said some nasty things about BFs customer service and their DRM. it was a really bad week for me on several levels and I think I let outside influences cloud my post about the DRM etc.

I am still not a fan of DRMs like this, but I understand why it is done.

Through my own fault I messed up trying to purchase RT and the customer service was amazing.

Thank you, again BF.


Con

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 25, 2014, 04:21:52 AM
Quote from: Keunert on April 25, 2014, 02:08:01 AM
Is Battlefront doing sales? I do not remember?

And when do demos usually arrive?

I could be wrong, but I dont recall them having sales much....however I do think over time they do some times reduce the costs of the products but that usually isn't any time soon after release.

If I recall Battlefront is more into bundling older versions of their games after releasing a new module.  What this means for CMRT is not clear since it is a standalone new game.  I suspect you will need to wait until other modules are released before you see a way to purchase the game(s) for a discount.

Con

Sir Slash

So I assume most of you are buying digital download and not getting the disc and manual. Any reason besides the extra $10 shipping?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Con

I bought the hard copy as well.  No goo reason I just seem to do that for games that hold an emotional appeal for me like the Battlefront games.  I have physical copies of all the CM Shockforce and CM BN and CM RT games.  Almost all of them are still in the original wrapping having never been opened....

Typing this out I am coming to the realization that I might have a problem if I continue to do this :>

Con

MengJiao

Quote from: Con on April 25, 2014, 01:11:30 PM
I bought the hard copy as well.  No goo reason I just seem to do that for games that hold an emotional appeal for me like the Battlefront games.  I have physical copies of all the CM Shockforce and CM BN and CM RT games.  Almost all of them are still in the original wrapping having never been opened....

Typing this out I am coming to the realization that I might have a problem if I continue to do this :>

Con

Same here.  But Commonwealth is the last hard copy that I've gotten.  I looked at all my unopened hard copies and said -- wait a second -- this is just more stuff to move to the barn!  I can just get the digital stuff and save myself the many times I'll find the hard copies and say "What is this?  Oh?  Why do I have it?  Why isn't it in the barn?"
So since Commonwealth -- no hard copies.

Elvis

Like some of you guys, I like to have the physical discuss too. Especially when they have the boxes that hold all the modules. But I would never buy the disc only.  The discs are shipped with the license key. If you lose the key there is no way to retrieve it......ever.Plus, if you damage the disc and didn't make a copy you're beat too. With the download you can get both back anytime you want.

Michael Dorosh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JawAKRXGm0g

For those breathlessly awaiting the movie version of my review...a quickie glimpse at the 18 release scenarios.

Sir Slash

Excellent video Michael. I instinctively flinch now when I hear the sound of AP shells impacting against armor. Post Combat Mission Stress Disorder (PCMSD).
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Redirected

(What ever happened to "Spoiler Alerts"?)
You will notice I didn't respond to your post and have no interest in what you have to say. Especially on this subject.
....You have made 73 posts since you joined and 72 of them have been about combat mission. -ZULU1966

Rayfer

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on April 25, 2014, 08:27:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JawAKRXGm0g

For those breathlessly awaiting the movie version of my review...a quickie glimpse at the 18 release scenarios.

Well done MD...thanks, I really enjoyed it. 

Elvis

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on April 25, 2014, 08:27:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JawAKRXGm0g

For those breathlessly awaiting the movie version of my review...a quickie glimpse at the 18 release scenarios.

Yeah, adding a spoiler alert would be a good idea. I haven't played many of the scenarios yet, so when that part started, I bailed pretty quickly. A better time for something like this is 6 months or a year from now.....Once all the people who just got their games have a chance to play them. But an alert at the minimum would be recommended.


Zonso

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on April 25, 2014, 08:27:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JawAKRXGm0g

For those breathlessly awaiting the movie version of my review...a quickie glimpse at the 18 release scenarios.

Very well done. I especially like how you accompanied the music to the video. I don't think some sort of 'spoiler' alert is warranted here. It does say a quick glimpse at the release scenarios and tbh after playing many of those, what you see isn't much of a spoiler. I agree that the scenarios in Red Thunder are really well done. A combination of design expertise, AI triggers and very realistic map making create some of the best gaming I have experienced to date with CM.

Elvis

Quote from: Zonso on April 26, 2014, 10:36:27 AM

I don't think some sort of 'spoiler' alert is warranted here. It does say a quick glimpse at the release scenarios and tbh after playing many of those, what you see isn't much of a spoiler. I agree that the scenarios in Red Thunder are really well done.

I just watched the whole thing and you're right. Unless you pause the video and really check out what is what, you won't get much intel. Just watching through it I didn't retain any information about any particular scenario.

It was a fun watch. Not 2 minutes and 33 seconds of my life that I am asking to have back.

Redirected

I am just starting Gog and Magog as the Soviets.  I see a King Tiger in the 'video'.  How is this not a spoiler?  I suppose if one hasn't played any scenarios, it can be easily forgotten, but it is clearly giving out info and satisfies what a spoiler is to me.
You will notice I didn't respond to your post and have no interest in what you have to say. Especially on this subject.
....You have made 73 posts since you joined and 72 of them have been about combat mission. -ZULU1966