CM Red Thunder page is up

Started by undercovergeek, January 30, 2014, 05:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2014, 02:31:26 PMTotally incorrect. I'm American and would never use the word "mate."

unless he's referring to the future Mrs Jarhead, and then it's a verb, not a noun ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Con

Quote from: Con on April 25, 2014, 01:11:30 PM
I bought the hard copy as well.  No goo reason I just seem to do that for games that hold an emotional appeal for me like the Battlefront games.  I have physical copies of all the CM Shockforce and CM BN and CM RT games.  Almost all of them are still in the original wrapping having never been opened....

Typing this out I am coming to the realization that I might have a problem if I continue to do this :>

Con
My new snazzy hardcopy of CMRT just showed up today with 2 printed manuals.  A quick read of the CMRT manual looks like it has a lot of interesting information (tips techniques etc) in it while the CM v3.0 game engine manual looks like it provide a lot more information around the game mechanics.

I actually tossed the tin case because its mostly round so unless you stack it it doesnt really fit on a shelf (it has a slight flat edge but overall its a weird design choice for a case).  I am putting it in with the tin CMBN case because it has available space, also it is of a heavier gauge of metal giving it a more solid feel and lastly I like having all my CM disks together in one box.

Con


Jarhead0331

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 28, 2014, 03:08:53 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2014, 02:31:26 PMTotally incorrect. I'm American and would never use the word "mate."

unless he's referring to the future Mrs Jarhead, and then it's a verb, not a noun ;)

You know, I was going to say that, but then I decided to be less verbose.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Rayfer

I have a birthday coming up in June and was thinking of this game as a gift my wife could get me...I haven't played any in this series since the original Normandy and Barbarosa releases many years ago.  How easy is it to create your own quick battles on existing maps without having to build a map from scratch, i.e. a small scenario with limited numbers of units. Sorry if this was covered already, there are a lot of pages in this thread!

Elvis

Quote from: Rayfer on April 28, 2014, 03:45:28 PM
I have a birthday coming up in June and was thinking of this game as a gift my wife could get me...I haven't played any in this series since the original Normandy and Barbarosa releases many years ago.  How easy is it to create your own quick battles on existing maps without having to build a map from scratch, i.e. a small scenario with limited numbers of units. Sorry if this was covered already, there are a lot of pages in this thread!

Extremely easy if you leave the force selection to the computer.  If you want to chose your own units, it can take 5 or 10 minutes. As others have said in this thread,  it is more cumbersome than the old system but once you've done it a couple of times, you can navigate it pretty easily.

The demo should be out before your special day. You might want to check that out before you put your birthday list together. Although it won't let you practice force selection.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Rayfer on April 28, 2014, 03:45:28 PM
How easy is it to create your own quick battles on existing maps without having to build a map from scratch, i.e. a small scenario with limited numbers of units.

If you like fighting against anti-aircraft companies, you're in for a real treat.

z1812

Quick Battles are quite a lot of fun if you don't leave the choices to the game. Choose the map and both forces yourself.

Arranged this way the QB's play out very well and are quite entertaining.

Lately I have been arranging very small scenarios with a handful of units on small maps. The tactical situations that arise can be quite challenging.

Rayfer

Quote from: z1812 on April 29, 2014, 09:37:56 AM
Quick Battles are quite a lot of fun if you don't leave the choices to the game. Choose the map and both forces yourself.

Arranged this way the QB's play out very well and are quite entertaining.

Lately I have been arranging very small scenarios with a handful of units on small maps. The tactical situations that arise can be quite challenging.

That is exactly what I was looking for....thanks!

RyanE

User selection is the only reliable way to play any CM2 quick battle.  It was a relief for QB playing in CMBN because they added player selectable units back into the QB process.  CMSF only allowed random QB selection...it was never fun playing 15 recon humvees against T72s.

Rayfer

Tried to purchase the game but can't. My account name and/or password come up as being wrong though I have bought from them many times in the past.  Sent for a new password, which they promptly sent me via email.  But this doesn't work either.  Not sure what the problem is.  To compound the issue, to contact support you must sign in....which is the problem, I can't sign in, so I can't ask their support for help.  Any suggestions?

Elvis

Quote from: Rayfer on April 29, 2014, 02:14:44 PM
Tried to purchase the game but can't. My account name and/or password come up as being wrong though I have bought from them many times in the past.  Sent for a new password, which they promptly sent me via email.  But this doesn't work either.  Not sure what the problem is.  To compound the issue, to contact support you must sign in....which is the problem, I can't sign in, so I can't ask their support for help.  Any suggestions?

Yup. When I hear that it almost always turns out to be something in the browser settings.  First,  try a different browser.  If that doesn't do it, there is a Knowledgebase article about it. If I was on my computer instead of my dead sexy phone, I would send the link.

The most common cause for this is people remembering the wrong email address they used to set up their account but because you got the password refresh email, that isn't the case for you.


z1812

Quote from: Rayfer on April 29, 2014, 02:14:44 PM
Tried to purchase the game but can't. My account name and/or password come up as being wrong though I have bought from them many times in the past.  Sent for a new password, which they promptly sent me via email.  But this doesn't work either.  Not sure what the problem is.  To compound the issue, to contact support you must sign in....which is the problem, I can't sign in, so I can't ask their support for help.  Any suggestions?

There are 2 approaches you can use. Try chrome as your browser.

Re-register with a new ID and password.

Elvis

You can create a new account but there are a couple of problems with that.


Your old account and new can't be merged.  So you'll always has to access your accounts separately.

I suspect that the problem you have with your current information will be the same with the new one.

In the email to reset your password your used name was included.  Make sure to use that. Just cop/paste both user name and password.

JC______

Quote from: Rayfer on April 28, 2014, 03:45:28 PM
How easy is it to create your own quick battles on existing maps without having to build a map from scratch, i.e. a small scenario with limited numbers of units.

Hi Rayfer,

Happy birthday and I hope that you could purchase the thing. I just posted an AAR about a quick battle. In this case all the forces were chosen by the computer.

We can discuss all day about the balance of forces, the infantry to armor ratio and the very composition of each side. But in the end I had a lot of fun.



http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.com/2014/04/somewhere-in-eastern-front-combat.html

Cheers,




Keunert

is mate used for bromance stuff? if you call someone a mate you are also indicating that you wouldn't mind to mate him? is this some sort of a british navy tradition that Churchill disliked?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo