Endless Space? Nope, it's Endless Legend!

Started by Martok, August 22, 2013, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on May 05, 2014, 12:38:33 AM
In Endless Legend, My "elven" population is very upset about my expansion. How do I reduce thus.

Concentration camps?

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on May 05, 2014, 03:18:39 AM
Quote from: jomni on May 05, 2014, 12:38:33 AM
In Endless Legend, My "elven" population is very upset about my expansion. How do I reduce thus.

Concentration camps?

Elven is my faction's race. :)

undercovergeek

You have to counter it with happy buildings

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 05, 2014, 04:05:24 AM
You have to counter it with happy buildings

The kind where customers get 'happy endings'?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

im thinking more sewage systems and the like, but yeah your kind too - its in alpha, ill make the suggestion  :P

Tuna

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 05, 2014, 05:12:39 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 05, 2014, 04:05:24 AM
You have to counter it with happy buildings

The kind where customers get 'happy endings'?

This thread is going to tumble down that path!  ;D

mikeck

Quote from: jomni on May 05, 2014, 03:33:46 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 05, 2014, 03:18:39 AM
Quote from: jomni on May 05, 2014, 12:38:33 AM
In Endless Legend, My "elven" population is very upset about my expansion. How do I reduce thus.

Concentration camps?

Elven is my faction's race. :)

Then remind them how lucky they are to be your faction race; otherwise they are in camps
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on May 05, 2014, 07:07:48 AM
Quote from: jomni on May 05, 2014, 03:33:46 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 05, 2014, 03:18:39 AM
Quote from: jomni on May 05, 2014, 12:38:33 AM
In Endless Legend, My "elven" population is very upset about my expansion. How do I reduce thus.

Concentration camps?

Elven is my faction's race. :)

Then remind them how lucky they are to be your faction race; otherwise they are in camps

Yeah.  They're friggin' elves.

Send them to work as slaves in the gulags.  You don't need those prissy twits! 

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

FarAway Sooner

Based on other 4x titles I've seen, after you reach a certain cap of cities (usually defined by the difficulty level), every additional city creates unrest. 

Thus the need for labor camps.

On a more serious note, can anybody talk about how the P vs E component of this game is working so far?  That's an area that's really rich for 4x fantasy TBS, but I hope it's something more varied than just "see monster lair, attack monster lair for treasure, get what's inside if you can defeat the inhabitants".  Monster spawn points of various magnitudes makes for a great gaming experience, I've found!

jomni

There are minor 'monster' factions that spawn from villages in your region.  Like the barbarians of Civ.
But the difference here is that you can assimilate them.  Once assimilated, you can recruit them into your army.  And every village you rebuild (after sacking) will have unique empire bonuses based on the monster race.  That's all I've seen so far aside from the "exploring" ruins thing.

steve58

#101
You can assimilate minor factions, but you are limited in how many.  I think you are limited to 1 initially after researching ?? (I forget :-[, but it gives you parley) in Era I.  I think I read that you can increase that number by researching items in Era III and also eventually Era VI when it becomes available. 
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

tgb

Not only that but minor tribes can be assimilated through bribery or completion of a quest, in addition to brute force.

FarAway Sooner

In other words, they don't typically make you fight for your life?

Gusington

So if one was to purchase Endless Legend, would one get the Classic or Founders version? Is the Founders version worth the extra money? Anyone know when full release is for this?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd