Main Menu

Aurora Help

Started by OJsDad, February 25, 2013, 12:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikeck

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on May 06, 2014, 07:50:24 AM
stop starting with 1000 world universes during setup.

Will that help limit the NPC v NPC battles that I have to slog through 5 seconds at a time?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

GDS_Starfury

oh yeah!  when setting up the game you can also limit or remove worm hole aliens and swarms completely.  that REALLY cuts down on npc battles that you dont even see.  read some of the human march to the stars type of fan fiction and maybe try a human only game with you and 3 or 4 npc's.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


mikeck

#107
Okay. I always removed the swarm but I usually created one or two and PCs on my own three or four wormholes away so I knew I was going to come in contact fairly soon. This time I'm thinking of having three Earth factions competing to stretch out into the solar system and nearby stars I don't mind if the AI creates an NPC but I'm going to limit the amount of stars I think

Edit: wasn't there also a way to put a "bubble" around the NPC versus NPC fight so that it doesn't bog down everything else
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

GDS_Starfury

I havent played in a while but I kinda recall that there was some kind of hotfix for it.  I kind of grew away from it when I felt I found a golden path with the tech tree, political type and game type. 
for instance, when you set up the game select your culture type as meritocracy.  it gives you more starting points and seems to give you better people to put into command slots.  pump out 10 academies and you'll be swimming in excellent people for everything.  as an example the real game effect for a survey ship with a high rated survey skill is that it takes half the time or less to scout a system.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


OJsDad

There is a sample game included the 6.4x version.  In the past, the sample game is kind of bland.  This one has a lot of ship systems and ships designed.  The human player also has a presence in multiple systems and it looks like they have encountered at least one hostile NPR.  This should help in learning ship design.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.