Heroes of Normandie trailer...love it.

Started by TacticalWargames, May 16, 2014, 08:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TacticalWargames

Really like the look of this. I found both CoH and LnL have issues that I'm really not keen on..so hoping this is the one that is right for me. Prob the best looking one so far..if you like this sor of look. It's fine by me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkAAqo9c_co

BanzaiCat

That does look pretty cool. I like the animation and the combat action.

I don't like the caricatures they've made of the US and German leaders, as opposed to the more "normal"-looking British and French leaders. Maybe it's just me.

Still this will be something to look forward to; thanks for the heads-up!

tgb

I'm normally a sucker for board games on the PC, but I did not like that presentation at all.  The best word I could come up with for it would be "goofy".

Rayfer

Quote from: tgb on May 16, 2014, 09:18:31 AM
I'm normally a sucker for board games on the PC, but I did not like that presentation at all.  The best word I could come up with for it would be "goofy".

I'm not forming any early, rash opinions but.....I'm leaning in the direction of agreeing with you tgb.

GJK

Um yeah, no.  Looks like that "Army Men" PC game that my kids used to play when they were little. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

TacticalWargames

Well it looks fun. Sometimes a break from uber serious is needed I reckon. As long as the mechanics are good I'm more than happy with the Cartoon style graphics. People complain about wargame graphics being bland and boring and here we have something thats colourful and well drawn and in my eyes a breath of fresh air. As long as the mechanics are good I'm happy.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Looks ridiculous.  Why not just throw in Captain America and Red Skull while they're at it?

sandman2575

The "Die Hard" allusion in "Feldkommando: Major Hans Gruber" made me chuckle.

TacticalWargames

WOW..are wargamers uptight? Need to lighten up abit? Can't something be abit of fun aswell as a wargame? As long as the mechanics are good and you get historical outcomes I think there is plenty of room for a game like this.  Fun, dynamic, crazy, cartoon\graphic novel nuttiness is fine by me. The game has Oddball I mean whats not to like about that. The animations look crisp. The artwork is very well done, bright and colourful. For me is a a visual treat considering the type of game it is.

Anyway if the mechanics are good I do hope not all are turned off by the look as I'd be more than happy for some colourful wargaming in between the brain draining Combat Missions and stark looking Tigers Unleashed etc etc.

Arctic Blast

I'm interested. The board game looks like it might end up being fun and yet also prohibitively expensive post-Kickstarter to really get into. So I'm down for an electronic version.  8)

steve58

Well, I'd be willing to check out a demo if one becomes available, but can't say the trailer makes me want to open my wallet.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

MengJiao

Quote from: TacticalWargames on May 16, 2014, 11:07:34 AM
WOW..are wargamers uptight? Need to lighten up abit? Can't something be abit of fun aswell as a wargame? As long as the mechanics are good and you get historical outcomes I think there is plenty of room for a game like this.  Fun, dynamic, crazy, cartoon\graphic novel nuttiness is fine by me. The game has Oddball I mean whats not to like about that. The animations look crisp. The artwork is very well done, bright and colourful. For me is a a visual treat considering the type of game it is.

Anyway if the mechanics are good I do hope not all are turned off by the look as I'd be more than happy for some colourful wargaming in between the brain draining Combat Missions and stark looking Tigers Unleashed etc etc.

Wow...are wargamers inconsistant?  And irrational.  I sure am == I kind of liked the Arcadey sailing ship game, but the Normandy thing seems like precisely the wrong mix of goofy and arcade.  I like an arcade game that takes itself seriously enough to have nice wind and waves and I prefer to leave the injections of goofiness to myself as much as possible.

Arctic Blast

If you look at some of the info for the board game, Meng, there is a fair amount involved. Guns can jam, cover ratings, everything you'd expect from a tactical game.

MengJiao

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 16, 2014, 02:19:05 PM
If you look at some of the info for the board game, Meng, there is a fair amount involved. Guns can jam, cover ratings, everything you'd expect from a tactical game.

  Sorry == I jumped to arcadey conclusions based on the pointblank ranges the videos showed.

GJK

It will be yet another computer game that is bought, played < 6 times and then it will sit there on your harddrive and go unplayed just like the 40-50 other games that were bought on a whim.  Or will it?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer