Antisquad is. . . Antiproductive. Also not Panzer General.

Started by skeptical.platypus, May 22, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

skeptical.platypus

Tactical squad-based shooter? Gangsters with "Burrito" tattooed in Olde English across their chests? Sexualized feminine characters in shorts? $5.99?

Not sure how all this could go wrong, and after a whooping 2 hours of noodling around,  I haven't changed my mind. The graphics and style are intentionally light-hearted, but it works, at least for me.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

skeptical.platypus

Ooops!

http://www.antisquad.com/

(I found it on steam early access)

I will probably do an aar tonight.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.


W8taminute

This game looks good.  Might have to pick it up.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

skeptical.platypus

I should clarify that it's "tactical squad based combat" only in sense that there is a squad and there is combat. "Lunacy with guns n'sh!t" is a bit more accurate. It suffers from a bad case of Range Symptom -- the maximum range of an M-16 is roughly equivalent to a VW Bug.

This does not appear to be an entirely English as a First Language release, but the language is just slightly off. As the Antisquad themselves are slightly off, this ends up working surprisingly well.

There is a story. Don't buy it for the story.

I didn't have a strong urge to keep playing after completing my first mission, but I am looking forward to going back and spending more time with the squad.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

RooksBailey

#6
This does look interesting.  For some reason it reminds me of a turn-based Team Fortress 2.   ;D  They even are launching a comic series like TF2. 

Edit: this is only SP right?  Shame, it could be fun in a MP environment like with Frozen Synapse.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway