New games announced by Matrixgames at The Home of Wargamers

Started by steve58, May 15, 2014, 01:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Martok

Still searching for a release date for Sovereignty.  I'm starting to wonder if it's being pushed back to 2015. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

the 'when' section in matrix implies theyre not ready to release it to beta yet

tgb

More specifically, here's what one of the developers posted on the Matrix board yesterday"

QuoteFirst of all, the tutorial needs to work properly. Then the game needs to be enjoyable to continue to be played by beta testers. You can sign up when we feel a beta is feasible if you want and test it.

Therefore, we don't have a release date yet.


I wouldn't count on it this year.


Martok

Thanks guys.  Yeah, that pretty much confirms what I was already starting to suspect. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

RedArgo

From Space Spector:

"Sovereignty: Crown of Kings is still in Alpha with an expected release date set to Q3 2014."

http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2014/05/slitherine-sci-fi-and-fantasy-games-what-to-look-for/

I will take this as gospel and request time off from work now.  ;)

tgb

One of the developers posted that there will be an announcement and an application on the Matrix site when they are ready to start beta testing.  I wouldn't mind getting into the beta on this one, but given that we're 2/3 of the way through the 2nd quarter of the year, 3rd quarter seems very unlikely.

Martok

Agreed.  That, combined with all the delays Sovereignty has seen already, gives one a strong sense that releasing it in Q3 would be rushing things. 

I know that they can't delay the game forever, but I *really* don't want to see them push this one out the door too soon. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Boggit

Quote from: Martok on May 23, 2014, 11:23:23 AM
Agreed.  That, combined with all the delays Sovereignty has seen already, gives one a strong sense that releasing it in Q3 would be rushing things. 

I know that they can't delay the game forever, but I *really* don't want to see them push this one out the door too soon.
Maybe Q3 2104 will be the release date, after all it is the official estimate. I did, however, gain the clear impression from the Developer - Tim van der Moer (Lordz Games Studio) that he is keen to get the game "right" before release. Personally, a later release wouldn't worry me. I'd rather see Tim have the latitude to get the game "spot-on", or as near as, before release. He is creating a game with some really interesting ideas. I'm excited by it, and like you too I hope he is able to get it to the standard he is hoping for on release.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

Quote from: panzerde on May 15, 2014, 06:03:16 PM
Definitely up for a 30 Years War game. I'm hesitant about it using the BA engine but I may be judging it too harshly. I've only played BA for about an hour once before deciding it wasn't for me.

FC: Southern Front and a AGEOD game about WWI that is less complicated than their current offering are pretty much definite buys for me.

I came here to say pretty much the same things. I simply could never appreciate the BA games, but I'd love to see what they do with the 30YW and that engine. And I'm stoked about the WW1 AGE game.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rayfer

Found this on the Strategy Core website about Pike and Shot.  It includes a single screenshot. Not sure if it had been posted before or not.  http://www.strategycore.co.uk/news/of-piercing-discharge/

PipFromSlitherine

On a purely academic note, I'd be interested in what put off those people who couldn't get in to BA. Always looking to improve our games. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to wander OT.

Cheers

Pip

panzerde

Quote from: Rayfer on May 26, 2014, 09:39:09 AM
Found this on the Strategy Core website about Pike and Shot.  It includes a single screenshot. Not sure if it had been posted before or not.  http://www.strategycore.co.uk/news/of-piercing-discharge/

The more I see of this the more I want it. Hearing that it's the core of a system rather than a one-off is even more encouraging.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

tgb

Quote from: PipFromSlitherine on May 26, 2014, 11:21:39 AM
On a purely academic note, I'd be interested in what put off those people who couldn't get in to BA. Always looking to improve our games. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to wander OT.

Cheers

Pip

I didn't care for the cartoonish graphics and the fact that the missions all appeared to be scripted.

PipFromSlitherine

Quote from: tgb on May 26, 2014, 11:53:23 AM
Quote from: PipFromSlitherine on May 26, 2014, 11:21:39 AM
On a purely academic note, I'd be interested in what put off those people who couldn't get in to BA. Always looking to improve our games. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to wander OT.

Cheers

Pip

I didn't care for the cartoonish graphics and the fact that the missions all appeared to be scripted.
So you prefer procedurally generated missions?

Cheers

Pip