Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam

Started by vyshka, May 30, 2014, 04:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Anguille


Gusington

I loved that game 10 years ago. I couldn't go home again with the Age of Kings HD release, though. I wonder if I could recapture the magic with RoN.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Really?

I'm surprised the star police haven't been in here yet for that comment

bbmike

Never played it due to it being RTS, but it always looked interesting. How does it rate on the 'click fest' scale?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

It can get clicky but much less so than other standard RTS games, and it has some strategic features like borders and city building that make it deeper.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

One of my all-time faves, without question.  But I can't imagine getting enjoyment out of it now.  Will pass on this the same way I did on Age of Empires HD.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

jomni


agathosdaimon

wow, played the hell out of that game when it came out years, ago - played coop against the ai going through every difficulty setting gradually, it was great fun but it came down to just being how fast you could do this ultimately - the weakness that RTS's games like this can fall prey to, where that overtakes strategy.
it perhaps was too much of a race to advance ones age more than anything, and then when it got to teh modern era it was just  swarms of tanks and nukes - it is perhaps better to play it with just setting to play over a couple of ages up to the 19th century - there is more strategy possible if you just stay on an age for longer.
the game was good for all the settings it offered

Gusington

^ I agree, I played it that way, similar to how I play Civ because modern era rarely interests me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd


JasonPratt

#13
Quote from: Anguille on May 30, 2014, 04:51:05 PM
Nice...i hope they also release the sequel

The sequel (or rather the expansion) is included. Unless you mean Rise of Legends, which is a whole different game.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^Now Rise of Legends is a fantastic game...probably one of my top ten!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd