GTA series - whats the best of the bunch

Started by undercovergeek, May 27, 2014, 06:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Quote from: RooksBailey on May 30, 2014, 09:08:53 PM
Yeah, it is easy (sorry, I should have included the link).  Just download this:

Download XLiveless here:  http://gtaforums.com/topic/388658-relgtaiv-xliveless/

Extract the file and move the xlive.dll (I think that it what it is called, there is a readme if I have the name wrong) to your Steam/GTA4 folder.

Start the game but don't sign in to the GTA social club (choose the play offline option).  The game will now run without GfWL and you will be able to autosave and save your game as designed. 

Another tip:  GTAIV doesn't have any anti-aliasing, so the game looks horrid at times.  However, if you go into your nVidia or AMD control panel, you can force anti-aliasing on.  It made for a noticeable improvement for me:



Not as good as native AA, but it is something.

so at the minute, you drive to your house, go to the bed and save the game

is there no, random, anytime, anywhere save?

RooksBailey

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2014, 06:08:19 PM
so at the minute, you drive to your house, go to the bed and save the game

is there no, random, anytime, anywhere save?

You can save when you go to your home, yes, but the game should also be auto-saving every time you complete a mission.  Make sure "auto-save" is on in the options if you are not seeing that.  As for a quick-save, no, I don't think that is available.  That annoys me too.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Silent Disapproval Robot

The only time the lack of a quick save really bugged me was on the bank heist mission.  I must've failed that one a dozen or so times before I finally made it through.  Sucked that you had to go pick up Paki and listen to his inane drivel as you drove to the bank over and over again.  At least the devs switched the dialogue up a little each time.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 31, 2014, 09:49:28 PM
The only time the lack of a quick save really bugged me was on the bank heist mission.  I must've failed that one a dozen or so times before I finally made it through.  Sucked that you had to go pick up Paki and listen to his inane drivel as you drove to the bank over and over again.  At least the devs switched the dialogue up a little each time.

You are ahead of me.  I didn't even get that far yet.   ;)

Am I the only one who can't get THIS DAMNED SONG OUT OF MY FREAKIN' HEAD?!?!?


"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Grim.Reaper

Just saw that gta v will be released on pc and next gen consoles this fall......

undercovergeek

Quote from: RooksBailey on May 31, 2014, 09:58:45 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 31, 2014, 09:49:28 PM
The only time the lack of a quick save really bugged me was on the bank heist mission.  I must've failed that one a dozen or so times before I finally made it through.  Sucked that you had to go pick up Paki and listen to his inane drivel as you drove to the bank over and over again.  At least the devs switched the dialogue up a little each time.

You are ahead of me.  I didn't even get that far yet.   ;)

Am I the only one who can't get THIS DAMNED SONG OUT OF MY FREAKIN' HEAD?!?!?




i think the music choice and variety in vice city and san andreas was much better

but theres a few i like

Lord Zimoa

Good news as well you will be able to carry over your current GTA V online characters to the the newer platforms. and just watch the trailer:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52261/

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 10, 2014, 04:14:09 AM
Just saw that gta v will be released on pc and next gen consoles this fall......

Yay! I am still completely flummoxed by console controllers. Gimme WASD and Mouse, and I'll give you (more) money.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.