Main Menu

Dungeonmans

Started by Nefaro, June 01, 2014, 08:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Why didn't you tell me this graphical Roguelike was now out on Steam Early Access, Tpek?! 

You've failed me!

>:D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/288120/


I tried playing the free early alpha a few months ago but I was one of those it would crash on every time.  Been looking forward to checking it out since last year when I first saw it when I was looking for new roguelikes.

Boggit

Quote from: Nefaro on June 01, 2014, 08:01:42 PM
Why didn't you tell me this graphical Roguelike was now out on Steam Early Access, Tpek?! 

You've failed me!

>:D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/288120/


I tried playing the free early alpha a few months ago but I was one of those it would crash on every time.  Been looking forward to checking it out since last year when I first saw it when I was looking for new roguelikes.
If you like roguelikes try out Sword of the Stars - the Pit Gold. That's quite fun, and is always killing me off.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Tpek

I was under the impression someone else would post about it.
Guess I was wrong.

It's pretty neat.

1 very big advice: Don't get cocky or overconfident. That is the surest way to get your characters killed in the game.
As long as you play it safe and cautious you can get a single character very far. The second, though, you get overconfident and try your luck with more than you might be able to chew...
Well, let's hope you invested well in the Academy for your next char's sake :P

Nefaro

Quote from: Boggit on June 01, 2014, 08:52:30 PM

If you like roguelikes try out Sword of the Stars - the Pit Gold. That's quite fun, and is always killing me off.

I have SotS The Pit and it's first expansion Mind Games.  It's okay, but isn't quite as intricate or expansive as I prefer my roguelikes.  Dungeonmans isn't complete yet, and needs general work all around, but I can already tell from playing the Alpha that I will enjoy it quite a bit when it's finished.  In short, there are other roguelikes I enjoy more than SotS The Pit but it's not a bad one.

The most recent freebie I've played was Cataclysm, a zombie survival roguelike.  It looks to be on the right track as far as zombie survival RPGs go (for my preferences) but I'd probably rather just play Project Zomboid or NEO Scavenger betas for post-apoc survival ones that are a bit flashier and do the something similar.  The biggest difference being Cataclysm is free, of course, and closer to the classic style roguelikes.  I'm always looking out for new ones, though.