M.O.R.E. space game update

Started by RedArgo, December 26, 2013, 01:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RedArgo


Martok

Yep, saw that a couple days ago.  There's still a long ways to go, but they're making progress. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille


RedArgo

Another update video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc1cDWrABdk

Mostly moving around the UI which looks nice.  Shows moving workers around, like MOO2 I guess.  Looks like a 3-D galaxy like SOTS, which I don't particularly like, so hopefully there is an option to flatten it.

They are still making progress which is good.

Martok

I'm still liking what I see so far as well. 

However, I'm starting to wonder if the game will slip to 2015 now.  That's fine if it does, I just wish they'd make an announcement to that effect sooner rather than later. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

RedArgo

Another update from the developers.  They are going back to kickstarter to get more money to add a few things and keep development going, although they say they will finish the game regardless of whether the kickstarter succeeds or not.  Also, not surprisingly, the game is going to be delayed.  Okay with me, hopefully they finish.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1447560584/more-oldschool-turn-based-4x-space-strategy-game/posts/920111?at=BAh7CDoMcG9zdF9pZGkDLwoOSSIIdWlkBjoGRVRpAzpdPkkiC2V4cGlyeQY7BlRJIhgyMDE0LTA4LTIwIDEzOjA3OjM4BjsGVA%3D%3D--6803e2918525480244a4e232ddd9df17f5985bfb&ref=backer_project_update

steve58

M.O.R.E. was my very first Kickstarter and I'd love to see it released, but words like "Comeback" and "This new campaign will allow us to continue paying some of our team members, so they will be able to continue working with us and create new content for our game - making it a better game." make me nervous :-\
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

Quote from: Martok on June 04, 2014, 12:08:31 PM
However, I'm starting to wonder if the game will slip to 2015 now.  That's fine if it does, I just wish they'd make an announcement to that effect sooner rather than later.
Well it only took them another month and a half.  ::)  Better late than never, though, I suppose. 




Quote from: steve58 on July 20, 2014, 09:08:07 AM
M.O.R.E. was my very first Kickstarter and I'd love to see it released, but words like "Comeback" and "This new campaign will allow us to continue paying some of our team members, so they will be able to continue working with us and create new content for our game - making it a better game." make me nervous :-\
Makes me a little nervous too, but at least they're recognizing they underestimated the scope/budget and are now trying to rectify the situation.  Better that, than blithely carrying on pretending everything's fine until the wheels suddenly fall off the truck (I'm looking at you, MOO3 and Legends of Pegasus!). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

RedArgo

A look at the pre-alpha over at Space Sector.

http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2014/10/more-a-pre-alpha-look/

I see ideas I like, but they don't seem to be implemented yet.

If this ever comes out in the form they envision I'll be happy, but for now I'm not holding out much hope.  Oh well, lesson learned, until next time anyway.  :)

Martok

Quote from: RedArgo on October 03, 2014, 08:06:16 AM
If this ever comes out in the form they envision I'll be happy, but for now I'm not holding out much hope.  Oh well, lesson learned, until next time anyway.  :)
This is more or less the perspective I'm currently taking in regards to MORE as well.  If the devs somehow pull off what they're referring to, all to the good, but I'm pretty skeptical at this point.  Would love to be proven wrong, though! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

RedArgo

M.O.R.E. is still progressing kind of. 

I'm thinking they might miss their original December 2013 release date though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1447560584/more-oldschool-turn-based-4x-space-strategy-game/posts/1402643

steve58

Quote
And as we are closer to the release of our first pre-alpha version, we need to choose which races it will include.

...almost 2 years behind schedule and just now getting "close" to a pre-alpha release :knuppel2:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Anguille

I am extremely patient....if the game is good, i am going to get it.  :)

Martok

#13
By the by, Explorminate did a two-part interview with one of the devs just recently: 

http://explorminate.net/2015/10/26/m-o-r-e-qa-part-1/

http://explorminate.net/2015/11/02/m-o-r-e-qa-part-2/


A few of the responses the dev gives to questions posted by Explorminate's staff display a disturbing level of naivete IMO, but at least they still seem committed to trying to finish the game. 




Quote from: steve58 on November 03, 2015, 09:00:30 AM
Quote
And as we are closer to the release of our first pre-alpha version, we need to choose which races it will include.

...almost 2 years behind schedule and just now getting "close" to a pre-alpha release :knuppel2:
Hey, I'm just surprised (albeit pleasantly so) that it hasn't become vaporware yet.  The fact that the devs are still plugging away at the game gives me just the tiniest bit of optimism -- say, a teaspoon's worth.  :crazy2: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

RedArgo

Thanks Martok, that's a good find.

It does seem the devs have a passion for the game, hopefully they will be able to complete it.

I thought this statement from the dev was funny:
QuoteMost people who were able to see this game in action admit that it already has the potential to be genre-changing or at least a decent game.

They also said they won't work on developing MORE 2 for at least 10 years.  At the rate they're going, I'd guess that is when MORE 1 will be out.