Matrixgames / Slitherine Unified Login System

Started by steve58, June 04, 2014, 04:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

steve58

I was able to get 2 (Wargamer forum and MG forum) out of 4 merged earlier today.  I ended up doing a Help Desk ticket and just got a response.  They merged all 4 accts for me.  Great I sez.  Went and logged in to the ULS and yes all 4 accts show as merged.  So I clicked on the Slitherine tab and went to the Slitherine site and...was not logged in ???  Same for Wargamer and Matrixgames.  I can still login to those sites separately, but their ULS ain't unified or working yet...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Well, if you haven't bothered with this "ULS" yet, I'd say don't or wait.  Its apparently not what I thought it was (single sign up/access multiple accts...not really sure what it is at this point). I only went through this "merge" because of having to have a Slitherine acct to register DW:U to get a Steam key etc...thought it'd make it easier to access Matrixgames/Slitherine.  Anyway here is the most recent response from Slitherine support.

Me: Thanks.  Yes all 4 are now merged, but once I login to the ULS and go to Slitherine, Wargamer or Matrixgames I am not logged in on those sites.  I thought that was the way it was supposed to work?

Sliterine Support: Hi Steve, Well, not exactly, the Unified Login allows you to have one set of username/password to be able to login to all websites. It is different in this respect to the Single Sign-on system that you are referring to.

Anyway, in a future we will introduce the Single Sign-up as well, but now this is what it is.


Still not sure what "it" is, but I can now access Slitherine with 2 accts (my merged acct info and my new Slitherine acct info that I had to create 2 weeks ago to get a Steam key for DW:U) only my merged acct doesn't include any info about my DW:U Steam key, etc.  Also, I can still only access Wargamer with my original login credentials and not the merged acct credentials.  So it was all a big waste of time for me that accomplished nothing.  The only silver lining is that I can still access all my accts as before with all my game info... :knuppel2:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

-budd-

#17
I managed to get mine merged also, but i also don't see the point. So this means i can use the login name and password the unified system assigned me to login to the other sites???? Why....so i just gained another user name and password : I don't see where i can change the assigned name either. 

Just tried it, i signed into matrix home page with the new assigned user name and password and it showed my user name from my merged account, so i guess it does serve a purpose, you only have to remember one user name and password for all their sites, but it still shows your old user name when logged in......going to go try the other sites.

Tried them all.....could use the new login at all of them except wargamer site, shows its merged, but no joy. Could sign in with my old login, so no biggy i guess.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.