Main Menu

FRIDAY'S Last Stand!

Started by MetalDog, June 05, 2014, 11:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

It seems if I don't start this thing Thursday night before bed, I'll get beat to it, so, here goes.  As of right now, the weekend is in flux.  I want to get some Civ IV BtS MP in.  I'm looking for Tuna and W8taminute to continue our Warlock MP.  Plus, there is an itch for something else and I am not quite sure what it is.  And if it ever stops raining, there will be the usual lawn mowing chores.


And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

W8taminute

I should be around Saturday night for some Warlock action.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Kushan

Distant Worlds Universe - Restarting with the new beta patch

EUIV - Started a Brandenburg campaign the other night. Somehow, got myself elected as Holy Roman Emperor. Its the last thing I wanted. 30 years into the game, and with me as its leader, the HRE is blobbing up faster then usual. Bavaria has been been split between Austria and Bohemia, and I've annexed most of northern Germany. Have a couple of slow years ahead of me, as I recover my manpower and build up my economy to support my new force limit....and bleed off the aggressive expansion penalties that has most of northern Europe hating me.

Kerbal Space Program - Mimus or bust is the motto for my current space program. Made several attempts, but keep messing up on my maneuvers. Cancelled one attempt when I ended up with a Mun encounter rather then the Minmus encounter I was going for. The rest have either been a simple elliptical orbit......or Jebediah on Kermin escape trajectory.

If I can get my X-52 to to work there may be some FSX and DCS as well.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

#3
Fooling around with WitP-AE and/or WitE and/or HOI3.  Taking advantage of a rare WW2 spurt, however short that may be.  If none of those do it for me, I'll just fire up an HPS Panzer/Modern Campaigns title for some straightforward turn-based wargaming.  I suspect that I'll be reading about, more than playing, this stuff.

Been playing some TOME again since the recent update.  Also need to continue investigating Wildstar Online's gameplay.


EDIT:  A good friend from high school is retiring from the Marine Corp Friday, so there will be some celebration that night.  ;)

tgb

Thief, DW:U, and giving the Long War mod a try.

Martok

Definitely more Distant Worlds: Universe for me, continuing my Quameno campaign.  And since talking about it in the other thread got me in the mood for it again, I'll once more be firing up Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. 

In an "ideal" universe where there are twice as many hours in a day as there currently are, I would really like to get some time in with Pandora: First Contact and Rome II as well.  ::) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

#6
Working at a Contact Lens conference all weekend and then straight to London for an IBM conference  ::)

Wont see the gaming rig until Wednesday

Quote from: Kushan on June 06, 2014, 12:22:39 AM
EUIV - Started a Brandenburg campaign the other night. Somehow, got myself elected as Holy Roman Emperor. Its the last thing I wanted. 30 years into the game, and with me as its leader, the HRE is blobbing up faster then usual. Bavaria has been been split between Austria and Bohemia, and I've annexed most of northern Germany. Have a couple of slow years ahead of me, as I recover my manpower and build up my economy to support my new force limit....and bleed off the aggressive expansion penalties that has most of northern Europe hating me.

The last time i played as HRE i read up on the heinous responsibilities of the Emperor - youre not supposed to go annexing your own members!! and youre supposed to go slap Austria and Bohemia and make them reestablish Bavaria - youll get all sorts of credit and benefits and will get reelected without a hitch

Annexing for the HRE himself is for those outside the HRE - France, Burgundy, Italy - unless your RPG-ing a crazy Emperor  :P

Quote from: MetalDog on June 05, 2014, 11:29:52 PM
It seems if I don't start this thing Thursday night before bed, I'll get beat to it, so, here goes.  As of right now, the weekend is in flux.  I want to get some Civ IV BtS MP in.  I'm looking for Tuna and W8taminute to continue our Warlock MP.  Plus, there is an itch for something else and I am not quite sure what it is.  And if it ever stops raining, there will be the usual lawn mowing chores.




Pffft - still not better than Aphrodites Child

W8taminute

Quote from: Martok on June 06, 2014, 03:41:41 AM
In an "ideal" universe where there are twice as many hours in a day as there currently are, I would really like to get some time in with Pandora: First Contact and Rome II as well.  ::)

That would totally rock.  To have twice as many hours in a day while not having to increase working hours or the need for sleep would be epic.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

FlickJax

Quote from: W8taminute on June 06, 2014, 06:31:27 AM
Quote from: Martok on June 06, 2014, 03:41:41 AM
In an "ideal" universe where there are twice as many hours in a day as there currently are, I would really like to get some time in with Pandora: First Contact and Rome II as well.  ::)

That would totally rock.  To have twice as many hours in a day while not having to increase working hours or the need for sleep would be epic.

Ive got to the age where i really love sleep, I dream a lot and my dream life is much more interesting :)

Ian C

Picked up Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition and Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition on STEAM for next to nothing, so I'll be re-living my Gameboy days a little with some simple slugfest fun and of course Distant Worlds Universe which is now at an epic point. The (spoliers) have given me a (spoiler) and asked me to kick ass with it.


Anguille

#10
Quote from: W8taminute on June 06, 2014, 06:31:27 AM
Quote from: Martok on June 06, 2014, 03:41:41 AM
In an "ideal" universe where there are twice as many hours in a day as there currently are, I would really like to get some time in with Pandora: First Contact and Rome II as well.  ::)

That would totally rock.  To have twice as many hours in a day while not having to increase working hours or the need for sleep would be epic.
I've dreamt about this many times...still, i have a long weekend (monday's free).

My plan:

- Horizon: Humans ins Space I may try the new battle system (official patch should come out next week).
- Storm over the Paficific pbem as Japan....much faster than WitP...i spend about 15 - 30 minutes per turn (only Japan).
- Armada 2526 Supernova pbem

I think i'll use the sale on gamersgate to finally get Civilization V  and, as my credit card is ready again, i think i'll update my Distant Worlds collection with the latest release....so two more games to play....Hegemony Rome will have to wait for next week :uglystupid2:

mikeck

No gaming for me...I'm in Vegas for the wifey's birthday. Gambling and debauchery all weekend.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

One of my good buddies has turned 40 so we are having a retreat weekend to celebrate up in the woods of upstate NY...so no gaming until (and if) I return. When that happens I am really ramping up the Rome 2 Hannibal at the Gates campaign (about 35 turns in ) and perhaps Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes, gifted to me by a real swell feller.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Need to fire up the new Distant Worlds.... haven't played in a loooong time.

More board wargaming goodness with some Unconditional Surrender play.

Just me and the dog home this weekend so hope to get lots of playing in.

JudgeDredd

Elite:Dangerous - nuff said.

But seriously...there's not a huge amount of content at present and I'm not sure if I'm able to travel outside the current system I'm in. I'm also floundering around with some aspects (what are the unidentified objects?), but the game is good enough for me to keep going back. The immersion level is better than I had expected from the videos

Wolfenstein:New Order - great game so far
F1 2013 - the mighty Spa Francorchamps circuit in Belgium awaits. Lets see if I can get some more points for Team Williams and secure a better offer than Sauber
Distant Worlds:Universe I listened, I heard and I pretty much had the OK from Eric at Matrix Games and Staggerwing (whom I gave my games to) to go ahead and use the coupon. So I'll give this an outing perhaps.

I also should get back to my model kit making. I still haven't finished my Challenger II and the light in the room is at a level where I can get back to it...maybe next week...too much glorified gaming to do.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people