Main Menu

FRIDAY'S Last Stand!

Started by MetalDog, June 05, 2014, 11:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: mikeck on June 06, 2014, 07:20:57 AM
No gaming for me...I'm in Vegas for the wifey's birthday. Gambling and debauchery all weekend.
That sounds amazing!  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek


JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Kushan

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 06, 2014, 06:04:10 AM
The last time i played as HRE i read up on the heinous responsibilities of the Emperor - youre not supposed to go annexing your own members!! and youre supposed to go slap Austria and Bohemia and make them reestablish Bavaria - youll get all sorts of credit and benefits and will get reelected without a hitch

Annexing for the HRE himself is for those outside the HRE - France, Burgundy, Italy - unless your RPG-ing a crazy Emperor  :P

Yea, that's what the emperor is supposed to do. I'm using the imperial liberation CB on the smaller members, but until now both Austria and Bohemia had 3-4 times my manpower and force limit. I'm also allied to both of them but that's not likely to last very much longer. I want to dismantle the but can't do that as emperor.

Sort of role playing the emperor who didn't want to be emperor.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

i forget now, if you march on Austria - does the rest of HRE come with you?

Kushan

#20
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 06, 2014, 08:20:47 AM
i forget now, if you march on Austria - does the rest of HRE come with you?

No. When an outside power declares war on an HRE member, the emperor, whoever that is at the time, gets asked to join the war. If he declines, the he loses a good amount of imperial authority, and he gains some just for joining the war. If someone takes over an imperial member, outside powers and member of the HRE, the emperor will get an imperial liberation CB against them.

I do wish the AI would do a better job with liberating members. Seems like if it's non an outside power the AI will usually just sit back and watch the members fight.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Martok

@mikeck & Gusington:  Have a good weekend, guys!  Sounds like it'll be fun. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Tuna

Quote from: W8taminute on June 05, 2014, 11:53:01 PM
I should be around Saturday night for some Warlock action.   8)

Might be tough for me.. Son's Graduation is tomorrow... Stepson coming home from NYC.. will be lots of family at the house..

undercovergeek

Quote from: Kushan on June 06, 2014, 08:27:47 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 06, 2014, 08:20:47 AM
i forget now, if you march on Austria - does the rest of HRE come with you?

No. When an outside power declares war on an HRE member, the emperor, whoever that is at the time, gets asked to join the war. If he declines, the he loses a good amount of imperial authority, and he gains some just for joining the war. If someone takes over an imperial member, outside powers and member of the HRE, the emperor will get an imperial liberation CB against them.

I do wish the AI would do a better job with liberating members. Seems like if it's non an outside power the AI will usually just sit back and watch the members fight.

i was austria as the HRE and spent a huge amount of time policing the HRE - spent an awful lot of time at war without actually improving my own borders, just sorting everyone else out

thats why i moved to Naples for the next game - really need to fire that up again

Kushan

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 06, 2014, 08:36:40 AM
i was austria as the HRE and spent a huge amount of time policing the HRE - spent an awful lot of time at war without actually improving my own borders, just sorting everyone else out

thats why i moved to Naples for the next game - really need to fire that up again

That's why I decided to play Brandenburg. I really didn't want to be emperor and havering to police the HRE. Austria is one of my favorites to play, but it feels like I'm constantly at war with someone, and most of the time it's not a war of my choice.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

RedArgo

I just finished reading The Killer Angels (the book the movie Gettysburg was base on), so I finally started going through the tutorials for Scourge of War: Gettysburg.  I also got Distant Worlds Universe installed so I'd like to give that a whirl.  And I'm sure I'll sink more time into World of Tanks.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Tuna on June 06, 2014, 08:35:28 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on June 05, 2014, 11:53:01 PM
I should be around Saturday night for some Warlock action.   8)

Might be tough for me.. Son's Graduation is tomorrow... Stepson coming home from NYC.. will be lots of family at the house..
Excellent news.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Sir Slash

I've got the urge to go back to Empire Total War, where I had Russia on the verge of a campaign victory until Rome 2 came out. I want to see some up close bayonet action and play one good siege battle where my mortars and heavy arty blast the crap out of somebody's fort. Then I'll be over it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Martok on June 06, 2014, 08:33:49 AM
@mikeck & Gusington:  Have a good weekend, guys!  Sounds like it'll be fun.

+1

I will be playing some Empire Total War and WG Red Dragon this weekend. Have a good one folks!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

GDS_Starfury

I'm thinking I'll put the new pc together.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.