FRIDAY is heeereeeeeeeeeeee!

Started by JudgeDredd, June 13, 2014, 01:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

skeptical.platypus

The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 13, 2014, 05:34:03 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 13, 2014, 05:33:11 AM
Here's what we're doing this weekend!   >:D


Quote
Official Origins Events Listings for the GrogHeads Central Command


Event# Prizes? Date/Time Length?  Event Name                                                                  GM
3739    Yes    Fri 2 PM    3   GrogHeads Presents: Circle of Fire (ATO)   
4044    Yes    Sat 10 AM   3   GrogHeads Presents: Circle of Fire (ATO)   
3596    Yes    Fri 10 AM   3   GrogHeads Presents: Julius Caesar                                            Jim O.
4045    Yes    Sat 10 AM   3   GrogHeads Presents: Julius Caesar                                            Jim O.
9433    No     Fri 6 PM    2   GrogHeads Presents: Games & Sims for Military Training Seminar               Brant Guillory / James Sterrett
9424    Yes    Fri 3 PM    2   GrogHeads Presents: Learn to Play Flashpoint Campaigns with the Designers    Jim Snyder / Rob Crandall
3218    Yes    Fri 2 PM    3   GrogHeads Presents: Orange Crush (Civil War in the Ukraine)                  Brant Guillory
3916    No     Fri 8 PM    3   GrogHeads Presents: Play with the Designer - Ranger!                         Bill Gibbs
3917    No     Fri 8 PM    3   GrogHeads Presents: Play with the Designer - Spearpoint 1943                 Byron Collins
3886    No     Fri 7 PM    3   GrogHeads Presents: Play with the Publisher - Circle of Fire                 Steve Rawling
3178    Yes    Thu 10 AM   3   GrogHeads Presents: Sergeants! Miniatures Game                               Vance Strickland
3740    Yes    Fri 2 PM    3   GrogHeads Presents: Sergeants! Miniatures Game                               Vance Strickland
4007    Yes    Sat 9 AM    3   GrogHeads Presents: Sergeants! Miniatures Game                               Vance Strickland
4143    Yes    Sat 1 PM    4   GrogHeads Presents: Sergeants! Miniatures Game (Team Game)                   LBG / Vance Strickland
3278    Yes    Thu 1 PM    3   GrogHeads Presents: Spearpoint 1943                                          JR Sharp
4181    Yes    Sat 2 PM    3   GrogHeads Presents: Spearpoint 1943                                          JR Sharp
9402    Yes    Fri 10 AM   4   GrogHeads Presents: Staff Wargaming - Battle From The Bulge                  Sterrett / Snyder / Graves
9605    Yes    Sat 10 AM   4   GrogHeads Presents: Staff Wargaming - Battle From The Bulge                  Sterrett / Snyder / Graves
9214    Yes    Thu 2 PM    4   GrogHeads Presents: Staff Wargaming - Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm         Sterrett / Snyder / Graves
9630    Yes    Sat 7 PM    4   GrogHeads Presents: Staff Wargaming - Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm         Sterrett / Snyder / Graves

are you aaring sergeants?

I'll try to remember to take lots of pics of the next game tomorrow and turn it into an AAR.
So far I've done 3 games with complete newbies and they all love the game. Easy to teach and they pick it up after a couple of turns.

Greta fun being here.... Y'all need to come next year!

MetalDog

I am tentatively doing just that.  I just have to bump a few more people off on the seniority list above me to secure the dates for Origins.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on June 13, 2014, 02:26:23 AM
Kerbal Space Program I think I have just about mastered getting to and landing on Minmus, next up is to land a kerbal on Mun.

Been debating starting up some KSP again.  But I may start using either my joystick or just using MechJeb to jockey the stick for me next time.  I managed a rough fully-manual landing on Minmus last year, with just mouse & keyboard, but it was rough.  I think the building & planning is the most fun anyway, so I will probably convert next time I fire it up.  ^-^

As for this weekend:

I just picked up Wargame: Red Dragon so I'll probably be checking it out sometime soon, if not this weekend.

Others:
War Thunder Ground Forces
WitP-AE and/or Carriers At War

Marvel Heroes Online if I feel like simple SMASH.

Some HPS Campaigns or TOME are my "go-tos" for when I want to relax with some turn-based thinking.

On the table:
Also played some more Sentinels of the Multiverse yesterday and had my three heroes stomped by Citizen Dawn & her minions in the 'Something Primalis' dino-land environment.  That now makes me want to try try again.  :)  However, I may bust out a different solitaire-capable game next, like Patton's Best, B-29 Superfortress, Darkest Night, or a slew of other choices.  Some of which I haven't even played yet.

It's a nice change of pace when I get into an indecisive funk on which PC game I want to play.   O0

TheCommandTent

Finally got a chance to finish the Heart of the Swarm campaign for SCII.  I really enjoyed the story line of both this campaign and wings of liberty.  I am looking forward to how they wrap it up with the Protoss campaign.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

undercovergeek

At airport now.... my plane to Brussels has propellers, I have flown this plane in war thunder

Before I'm lost over the north sea I managed this weekend to mainly play gta 4, the last federation and endless legend


bob48

Geek, with his Biggles helmet - silk scarf blowing in the wind.....

.....and that was just in the taxi going to the airport........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

#37
LOL. I can just see him with his head sticking out the cab's passenger window. ;D

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

lmao - (a)live from Brussels despite some awesome turbulence that made a few scream

Staggerwing

Judging from the pic above, the Flight Attendant heard your distress and managed to calm you down again.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

2 fine austrian ladies in charge of the flight - unfortunately that wasnt the uniform!

Toonces

I didn't play what I expected this weekend. 

Flew a ton of BMS Falcon Israel Theater and have the start of an AAR going.

I also played a bunch of Rising Storm.  I didn't expect to play that this weekend, but it's a great pick-up game when I don't have something else in mind.

I booted up CK2, but it was too much of a brain burn so I didn't get much into it.

Going to the beach today, but if I have some time I might fly some more BMS or Wings of Flanders Field (which I also played some of this weekend!).
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

steve58

#43
This might be more appropriate for the TBT thread,  but I spent most of this afternoon fighting the Japanese at Midway.  Had much more fun with Carrier Strike than I would have thought.  Got it up and running under Win7 using Dosbox Frontend Reloaded with no problems. Only issue I had was with the poor showing of the F4F Wildcats against the Zeroes :-\. My airstrikes seemed to do about as well with the fighters as without them...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

jomni

My list in the first page totally ignored. Spintires came out and spent a lot of time rolling in the mud.