Ilya Muromets -- an Eastern Front WWI flight sim

Started by steve58, June 16, 2014, 09:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

steve58

Just saw this on RPS.  Looking forward to see how this turns out...

Quote
The IL-2 Sturmovik series is one of those rare sims which stretched beyond its nerdy remit to attract an audience of people who'd never normally clamber into a virtual cockpit. Now developers 1C Game Studios are teaming with the Russian Military Historical Society to produce ILya Muromets, a new flight sim set during World War 1. It's set during the Eastern Front air war and named after the first airliner, and one of the first large bombers in aerial warfare.

...some additional links:

http://ilyamuromets.net/forum/topic/3-about-game/

http://ilyamuromets.net/forum/topic/9-gallery/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

I've been wondering if a WWI eastern front flight sim was ever goimg to be developed. Is there a release date listed in those links? I didn't see one.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on June 16, 2014, 10:53:05 AM
I've been wondering if a WWI eastern front flight sim was ever goimg to be developed. Is there a release date listed in those links? I didn't see one.

LOL....I didn't even know there was an air war on the eastern front. The Russians flew planes? My WWI knowledge is deeply lacking.

MengJiao

Quote from: Rayfer on June 16, 2014, 11:58:58 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 16, 2014, 10:53:05 AM
I've been wondering if a WWI eastern front flight sim was ever goimg to be developed. Is there a release date listed in those links? I didn't see one.

LOL....I didn't even know there was an air war on the eastern front. The Russians flew planes? My WWI knowledge is deeply lacking.

  This is the game for you then.  It is also possible that this is the game that the Russian government is doing some funding for.  the screenshots look nice.  Right now I'm just planning on playing BoS once it goes Public (and not early release) on Steam.

Nefaro

I doubt it will top the WOFF campaign experience, or anywhere near since it will be just some canned missions.  I'd have to be very intersted in the East Front flying but it's just a handful of French planes.  *shrug* 

Gusington

I loke the idea of flying for Austria Hungary...the always get overlooked and they started the damned war.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

According to The Sleepwalkers, Russia started the War with the second largest airforce in the world after France.

According to Darkest Hour, Russia started the War with exactly four tactical bomber squadrons, two of them only experimental, and with only five airfields all of them far beyond flying distance from the Germany/Austria frontline (and three of the five down in Armenia near the Ottomans. Apparently to give the Ottoman airforce somewhere convenient to land during an invasion. No Russian planes there mind you, just airfields far beyond any capability of current Russian planes to reach from where they start. Why yes, the Ottomans do have no less than THIRTEEN airfields liberally sprinkled across their territory! Persia has as many airfields as the Russians do. I may possibly be bitter.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

The Sleepwalkers is one of the better books I read last year.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Quote from: Gusington on June 16, 2014, 10:53:05 AM
I've been wondering if a WWI eastern front flight sim was ever goimg to be developed. Is there a release date listed in those links? I didn't see one.

..yeah, looks like its "due for release before the end of the year, with Early Access to launch on August 1st".
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

That is great...I hope at some point they can really flesh out the Austrian side and come.up with some exotic planes.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd