Mafia II - what do you guys think?

Started by undercovergeek, June 16, 2014, 02:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 22, 2014, 02:19:29 PM
Just curious...do you guys get any weird graphic glitches at times like minor tearing?  Just put in a new r9 270x card and I see it within this game.  Have not seen it within any other game I play.
Nope. Have you got Vertical Sync on?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on June 22, 2014, 02:35:36 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 17, 2014, 12:54:33 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 16, 2014, 02:54:28 PM
Loving GTA IV, and looking forward to downloading the police mod, its got me in the mood for some drive here, do that, go here, shoot them action and i figured Mafia II would be where its at

I loved the first one, first game ive completed in ages

wondering what you thought of II
It's absolutely superb. 120% well worth every penny of the full price. I've got 228 hours logged on it on Steam. I've completed the game 3 times (or was it 4!?)

There are a couple of dodgy parts - times when I think the devs went to sleep and one of their kids came in and created a mission - but apart from that - it was THE best game I've had...probably period. Well, not exactly - I'd put the original Mafia ahead of it - but it was a very close second.

Damnit, Dredd.

Oh well it's only $8
Sorry - but if you like a game with a story - then these two will flick your switch...I'm sure of it.

I would DEFINITELY recommend everyone playing the original first. For one, there's a link and for two, it was head and shoulders my fav of all time. It's EXTREMELY period...very, very immersive

It looks a bit dated now, but the voice acting and the characters are amazing.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 22, 2014, 02:40:55 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 22, 2014, 02:19:29 PM
Just curious...do you guys get any weird graphic glitches at times like minor tearing?  Just put in a new r9 270x card and I see it within this game.  Have not seen it within any other game I play.
Nope. Have you got Vertical Sync on?

Not sure...is that setting best on or off?

JudgeDredd

It's cpu/gpu intensive in so far as it makes sure the graphics don't tear, I think rendering the whole screen.

If you gpu can handle it, then it's definitely better on. I always put it on and if there's a slow down (not something I really experience on my new rig  ;D ) then I'd switch it off
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 22, 2014, 02:54:18 PM
It's cpu/gpu intensive in so far as it makes sure the graphics don't tear, I think rendering the whole screen.

If you gpu can handle it, then it's definitely better on. I always put it on and if there's a slow down (not something I really experience on my new rig  ;D ) then I'd switch it off

I'll give it a shot, thanks for the info...liking the game so far and I actually think it based aged very well graphically.  Well worth it, just have to find more time to play. Before sniper elite 3 drops in a few days :)

JudgeDredd

Are you playing the first or the second?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 22, 2014, 03:00:05 PM
Are you playing the first or the second?

Second....may look for the 1st at some point

undercovergeek

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 22, 2014, 02:19:29 PM
Just curious...do you guys get any weird graphic glitches at times like minor tearing?  Just put in a new r9 270x card and I see it within this game.  Have not seen it within any other game I play.

im all good Grim, looks fine on mine

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 22, 2014, 04:27:34 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 22, 2014, 02:19:29 PM
Just curious...do you guys get any weird graphic glitches at times like minor tearing?  Just put in a new r9 270x card and I see it within this game.  Have not seen it within any other game I play.

im all good Grim, looks fine on mine

I guess lucky me:)  it's odd that this is the only game doing it to me...maybe I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling after I play around with some graphic settings.  It mostly happens during transition from cut scenes to gameplay.

Apocalypse 31

Its a good looking game. So far no graphical glitches.

Any mafia game that includes WW2 missions wins in my book

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 22, 2014, 04:34:54 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 22, 2014, 04:27:34 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 22, 2014, 02:19:29 PM
Just curious...do you guys get any weird graphic glitches at times like minor tearing?  Just put in a new r9 270x card and I see it within this game.  Have not seen it within any other game I play.

im all good Grim, looks fine on mine

I guess lucky me:)  it's odd that this is the only game doing it to me...maybe I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling after I play around with some graphic settings.  It mostly happens during transition from cut scenes to gameplay.

Think I might have fixed it...I was running a "beta" version of AMD drivers with my new card...went back to the last official release and so far no glitches.....fingers crossed...