I had a bad idea

Started by JudgeDredd, June 20, 2014, 12:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

Bloody well done JD - you're a star, mate!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

steve58

#16
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 20, 2014, 12:18:29 PM
So Andrew (at my work) came back to the IT office from the shop at the beginning of June saying "There's loads of cheap England bunting and stuff - we should decorate the office". To which Neil replied "There's a Jock in the office" - (me) - "...it's probably against his human rights or something.



This was done light hearted. It wasn't meant to be derogatory to England or St Georges Cross...it's just not something, as a Scot, I would choose to do.

So I've been cycling into work with an England flag waving behind me like I'm Captain England, having my face painted at work for the whole day and cycling home with my face painted AND the cape flowing behind.


Very cool of you JD. I think if you'd found the right street corner in that pose, you might have raked in an extra £ or two  :))
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Toonces

That is totally cool JD!   ;D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MikeGER

...do we get to see the pictures from the pub too  (match is Td 24.6 )  ;)

that will be the hardest part, now were England got kicked out and the match against CR is just for honor of teamspirit

well, lots of people make a fool out of them for 365 days a year, and don't even aware of it,
so a few days showing some humor for a such a good cause doesn't hurt  8)
(and most onlookers don't know you are Scottish when you race your bike, so they just see a very dedicated football fan with British Humor  ... not uncommon in these times)


JudgeDredd

I expect there may be pictures about MikeGER

Thanks all - but apart from feeling a bit daft, it was no biggie. Lots of people do proper challenges for charity.  :)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Well, as England played so poorly and the other teams, including Costa Rica the underdogs of the group, I will be able to live normally again after tomorrow!  O0

I am so pleased - the face paint was very greasy and now England are out, I looked like some hard core, football lunatic flying the flag today!  :D

Anyway - there's always 2018 England. At least you lot get there. Scotland haven't been in a major competition since 1998!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MikeGER

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 21, 2014, 04:49:20 PM
I expect there may be pictures about MikeGER

... selfie, back from the "Autokorso"  :smitten:


with decorated old jeep


after victory over France  :D
(...i add more stuff to car from victory to victory)

Martok

^  Ha, nice! 




Quote from: MikeGER on July 04, 2014, 02:34:31 PM
after victory over France  :D
<Insert obligatory joke about going through Belgium first here>  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JudgeDredd

I predict a Germany Holland final with Holland winning (I hope - sorry MikeGER)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys