Steel Beasts Pro 64 bit Beta Out

Started by Asid, June 26, 2014, 10:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asid

Hi

There is a new Beta for Steel Beasts Pro 3.019. get it here http://www.esimgames.com/?p=1714

Release notes here http://www.esimgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/SBProPE-3.019-X64-Readme.pdf

"eSim Games has developed a 64 bit Steel Beasts version featuring a new network stack."

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Yskonyn

I find the beta procedure a tad bit cumbersome, so I will wait for the official release instead. Thanks for the pointer though!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grim.Reaper

Assuming this is free for existing owners?

Asid

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 26, 2014, 11:24:24 AM
I find the beta procedure a tad bit cumbersome, so I will wait for the official release instead. Thanks for the pointer though!

It is straightforward and only takes a minute. Let me know if you need any assistance :)

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 26, 2014, 11:25:00 AM
Assuming this is free for existing owners?

Yes if you have version 3.0X

:)
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Jarhead0331

Whats the purpose though? Seems to only be a server/MP issue. If all I play is SP, will this make a difference?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


RyanE

Its not that easy.  The beta is timed and will shutdown after a few weeks to a month if it follows the last beta.  The readme says it only makes changes to MP, not SP.  So I am still awaiting an answer from eSims if its worth the effort for SP focused players.

Asid

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 26, 2014, 12:01:15 PM
Whats the purpose though? Seems to only be a server/MP issue. If all I play is SP, will this make a difference?

I have linked to the release PDF in my original post and there are some useful bug fixes. Also people are reporting "smoother" play. 64 bit will help in certain maps.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JC______

Yeah, I'm not patching my copy until the official patch is out.


Asid

Quote from: JC______ on June 26, 2014, 01:03:20 PM
Yeah, I'm not patching my copy until the official patch is out.

Any particular reason why?

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JC______

In all honesty Asid, I'm not willing to worry about loosing any single day of my $100+ simulation toy because at 0130 in the morning I miss-read some tiny instruction somewhere.

Also, I play multiplayer with just a couple of guys who are not patching either.

Cheers,

Asid

Quote from: JC______ on June 26, 2014, 01:28:47 PM
In all honesty Asid, I'm not willing to worry about loosing any single day of my $100+ simulation toy because at 0130 in the morning I miss-read some tiny instruction somewhere.

Also, I play multiplayer with just a couple of guys who are not patching either.

Cheers,

Hi JC

I understand, however the new network stack in this release is beneficial for multi-player as is the speed increase of downloading missions while in multi-player. Also there are bug fixes such as infantry routing over a bridge and a fix for vehicles if they stuck in a building.

The choice is yours my friend :)

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JC______

Kudos for the infantry formation change while moving through bridges. That one is driving me insane in a custom-made scenario.

Cheers,

Asid

Quote from: JC______ on June 26, 2014, 02:10:03 PM
Kudos for the infantry formation change while moving through bridges. That one is driving me insane in a custom-made scenario.

Cheers,

I hear ya  ;D
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

RyanE

Quote from: Asid on June 26, 2014, 12:04:15 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 26, 2014, 12:01:15 PM
Whats the purpose though? Seems to only be a server/MP issue. If all I play is SP, will this make a difference?

I have linked to the release PDF in my original post and there are some useful bug fixes. Also people are reporting "smoother" play. 64 bit will help in certain maps.

Regards

I think eSim already stated that you won't see any performance increase from this patch.  It appears that the 64 OS will allow larger scenarios to play, but that is about it.