Summer holiday - your favorite destination

Started by CosPetia, June 27, 2014, 06:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CosPetia

Hi Guys,

Summer holiday is coming. Share your preferred destinations and vacation ideas. I`m thinking about Spain. What about you?

airboy

Home.  I hate traveling in the summer.  Big crowds and the prices are up.  I have a pool so no need to go to the water.

Much prefer traveling in the Fall.

bayonetbrant

Big fan of the mountains, but timing gets tricky around birthdays, soccer camps, holidays, and Origins
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

Quote from: airboy on June 27, 2014, 09:17:15 AM
Home.  I hate traveling in the summer.  Big crowds and the prices are up.  I have a pool so no need to go to the water.

Much prefer traveling in the Fall.

+1. My backyard. Can't be beat.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Barthheart

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 27, 2014, 10:25:08 AM
Quote from: airboy on June 27, 2014, 09:17:15 AM
Home.  I hate traveling in the summer.  Big crowds and the prices are up.  I have a pool so no need to go to the water.

Much prefer traveling in the Fall.

+1. My backyard. Can't be beat.

+2
We have a pool, my wife's beautiful flower garden and a vegetable garden. My two weeks this summer will have my ass in a floaty chair with a frosty mug of beer in my hand.... unless my wife realizes I have to paint the front door, the garage floor etc... ;)

Vacation travel for Canucks is mostly in the winter to get out of the friggen snow.... :coolsmiley:

Airborne Rifles

Every other summer my inlaws rent a house on Mackinac Island and we have a little family reunion. No cars allowed on the island. Everything is bikes, horses, or good old-fashioned walking. Lots of fudge shops, frigid dips in Lake Huron, and cool weather with family. Can't beat it.

Centurion40

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on June 27, 2014, 03:23:56 PM
Every other summer my inlaws rent a house on Mackinac Island and we have a little family reunion. No cars allowed on the island. Everything is bikes, horses, or good old-fashioned walking. Lots of fudge shops, frigid dips in Lake Huron, and cool weather with family. Can't beat it.

Great tradition!
Any time is a good time for pie.