Sniper Elite v3 - Afrika Korp!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 17, 2014, 05:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 28, 2014, 05:54:35 AM
Would I be crazy to suggest that I think the bullet cam is actually a step back?  I've only taken head shots so far, so perhaps the vascular and tissue layers aren't as prominent, but I think the increased gore is over the top. It just looks corny. There is such a thing as too much blood.

The increased gore and muscle tearing hasn't put me off.....however, I think what has made it worse is the fact the game extremely slows down now while in xray cam especially when going through the body, which makes you take much more of it in and seems more pronounced.  Because of the additional slowness, I do like last versions better, this version would be OK if they included some kind of camera speed slider to make it go faster.....slows you down a lot, in my opinion.

Movement seems a little hard for me using keyboard and mouse, not as precise as I remember from the past.....regardless, very much enjoying it so far....last mission, executing a number of stealth kills as I sneaked through a mountain pass.....enjoyable so far.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah, I've found the movement to be a little less responsive than in the previous titles.  I find it hard to line up on an ammo box to pick up supplies if I'm running.  I think they're trying to simulate inertia when running so you should press the walk or crouch key.  I'm OK with that but if that's the case, they should have it take the guy a few strides to get up to full speed rather than insta-sprint.

I'm finding the bullet drop more pronounced in this one compared to S2.  I don't have any aiming assists on and it took me a hell of a lot of shots to take out that flak wagon in the first mission.  (Damned sniper seems to have zeroed his scope at the muzzle of his rifle.)

Grim.Reaper

#47
I have 5 hours put into the game, which is about 12% of the campaign completed according to my stats within the game.....I am probably slower than others:)

Enjoying it so far, a lot of variety in the first few missions....getting better at stealth play, takes a lot of patience!

Had a great kill in my last mission where I was able to kill two soldiers with one bullet.....shot the first soldier through the heart and then the bullet went through him, bounced off the ground and shot the soldier behind him through the kidney.....that was one magic bullet:)

Also love it when you hit the grenades attached to the soldier belts....I have killed a group of close standing soldiers by hitting that and blowing them all up at once!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 28, 2014, 07:54:46 PM
I have 5 hours put into the game, which is about 12% of the campaign completed according to my stats within the game.....I am probably slower than others:)

Enjoying it so far, a lot of variety in the first few missions....getting better at stealth play, takes a lot of patience!

Had a great kill in my last mission where I was able to kill two soldiers with one bullet.....shot the first soldier through the heart and then the bullet went through him, bounced off the ground and shot the soldier behind him through the kidney.....that was one magic bullet:)

Also love it when you hit the grenades attached to the soldier belts....I have killed a group of close standing soldiers by hitting that and blowing them all up at once!
mmm...shall we call you Lee Harvey Oswald  ;)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm going agonizingly slowly as I feel I've got to get all the goodies and optional stuff on each level.  I've got 2.5 hours of play time but I'm only just starting the 2nd mission.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 30, 2014, 01:06:00 AM
I'm going agonizingly slowly as I feel I've got to get all the goodies and optional stuff on each level.  I've got 2.5 hours of play time but I'm only just starting the 2nd mission.

Yeah, I am thinking of restarting just to do the same since I didn't realize all the optional stuff until a few missions in.  There really is a lot to do.  No idea how some people are reporting they finished the game in 6-8 hours.....they must be just running at full speed to complete it.

Wish I could have more than one campaign running at a time so could experiment with one and be real serious with the other.

Grim.Reaper

Pretty large patch released today......




Added the option to disable the aim assist zoom and reticle independently of difficulty setting (the multiplayer aim assist setting will override this, as will Authentic difficulty).
Removed limits on raw mouse input data – which should hopefully address the "negative mouse acceleration" issue.
Added "Autobalance" as a team-based multiplayer option (will automatically move players from one team to another on death if the number of players become imbalanced).
Added quicksave (F5) and quickload (F9) on button press.
New profiles will attempt to detect keyboard layouts other than qwerty and set default controls accordingly (we're currently only supporting a small subset of variant keyboards, primarily azerty and qwertz layouts; please get in touch with our support department if you see any issues).
Dedicated Server gains "kickindex" and "kickbanindex" commands (which were already documented but were lost between V2 and SE3).
Added a "windowed" tickbox to the launcher options.
Fix co-op desync due to bulletcams (bullet cams are now sychronised where they're supposed to play for both, and we prevent weapons firing multiple times for the non-bulletcam-viewing player in non synchronised cases).
Fix co-op desync when getting on turrets.
Bleedout countdown notifications should now display correctly for both players in co-op (when difficulty setting allows).
Added latency indicators to the scoreboard in multiplayer.
"Through The Looking Glass" should trigger correctly.
DLC collectibles/achievements no longer counted against campaign progress.
A few leaves should no longer be able to stop gunfire, but AI rifles should be slightly less likely to shoot through solid objects and be slightly less accurate.
Bullets should emerge from the gun's muzzle regardless of the shadow setting!
Incapacitation on uneven surfaces should be slightly more robust.
Various fixes to prevent ragdolls interpenetrating surfaces.
Driver killcams made more robust (driver no longer killed when hits are near the view-slot, and killcams are triggered more reliably when the shot does hit the view-slot).
Tweaked dialogue audio settings to improve spatialisation.
Airfield's rescued prisoners no longer pose awkwardly.
Ghost Town now has more consistency in vaults over walls, building walls should no longer allow grenades through, and hiding below the ground surface should be slightly less likely.
Rat Run no longer has a building that partially disappears depending upon viewing angle/location.
Ruins and Beachhead should have fewer levitating rocks and plants!
DLC weapons now have names in Czech again.

Notes:

Steam cloud is unfortunately still not working.
Co-op for DLC missions is also unfortunately delayed to the next patch.
Disabling aim assist doesn't disable the tutorial messages about using the aim assist.

Grim.Reaper

Another patch released today....haven't got as much time with the game as I hoped so far, but hopefully soon....

UPDATE: 17th July 2014 - Version 1.04 Patch Notes
Version 1.04

New Content:
"Airstrip" - A new multiplayer map, free to all owners of the game, supporting all multiplayer game modes including No Cross.

Bug fixes:
Better error reporting in the launcher to try to diagnose startup issues.
Multiplayer: Fixed desync due to bulletcams in multiplayer (where the target can survive on every machine except the one of the person firing the shot).
Multiplayer: Bulletcams are no longer prevented by nearby dead bodies.
Multiplayer: Fixed an issue where large chunks of the level would be invisible in "Hellfire!" from certain viewing angles/positions.
Multiplayer: Fixed an emerge-from-cover issues in "Ruins"
Co-op: When host changes level while in the briefing screen, client's collectible information updates to match.
Continued changes to ragdolls to reduce interpenetration with environment.
Double-click should now work on server browsing list.
AIs reloading don't get confused by player attempts at melee killing them (in Sniper Elite and Authentic difficulties).
Firing from hip while moving should now orient the character before firing the weapon rather than firing immediately.
Total collectable count now reflects currently installed DLC rather than ignoring DLC or counting DLC that isn't installed.
Czech and Slovak keyboard layouts supported.

Notes:
We've been hard at work trying to finish co-op support for the DLC missions, so co-op in both "Hunt The Grey Wolf" and the new "In Shadows" mission is coming really soon now.
We've also just about nailed the steam cloud issues but a final round of testing's going to be needed.
If you're having issues with launching the game, the changes to the launcher may give you a new error message to help us diagnose the problem, but if that's still not sorted it out we are still trying to provide better diagnosis tools; more news on this very soon.
We're aware that the ribbon images are not showing up in the service record (as far as we're aware it's just a graphical issue and the achievements are being registered correctly).