Main Menu

AGEODS Civil War 2

Started by Blucher, July 02, 2014, 09:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on July 03, 2014, 04:34:55 PM
Got mine redeemed too.


After looking at the list of S-Matrix games on Steam, I'm reminded of PON being on there.  But I purchased PON and some of it's DLC from Gamersgate..  :-\

Only thing I don't own for CW 2 is the expansion pack...maybe if real cheap I'll grab that too:)

fabius

Not sure as there is no price on Steam. Can we buy direct from Steam?

Or just keys from Matrix and Ageod?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: fabius on July 03, 2014, 04:44:10 PM
Not sure as there is no price on Steam. Can we buy direct from Steam?

Or just keys from Matrix and Ageod?

When you buy from Steam, you'll purchase directly from the steam store

fabius

Price just this minute went up! 25% discount. Get some!

Grim.Reaper

Yep, and can now be purchased....can also by the bundle for $37, which is pretty good if you plan to buy it later anyway.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on July 03, 2014, 04:34:55 PM
Got mine redeemed too.


After looking at the list of S-Matrix games on Steam, I'm reminded of PON being on there.  But I purchased PON and some of it's DLC from Gamersgate..  :-\

I accidentally found my old GG account the other day, which ONLY had Pr0N and RoP on it from a deep discount sale years ago under Paradox. (Pr0N was $3.) The download was still operational. I went back and forth between Matrix and GG about transferring, but since Paradox didn't send a serial number there was nothing Matrix wanted to do about it.

(I say "wanted" only because I have a hard time believing they couldn't generate a new serial number for it any time they wanted. They didn't dispute I owned the game, they could confirm that with GG. Sure the SN wouldn't correspond with anything in the game's installer coding, but it would be in their system so I could register ownership and get a Steam code from Slitherine! The Matrix guy was very nice about it at least. :-\ )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

#21
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 03, 2014, 07:32:39 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 03, 2014, 04:34:55 PM
Got mine redeemed too.


After looking at the list of S-Matrix games on Steam, I'm reminded of PON being on there.  But I purchased PON and some of it's DLC from Gamersgate..  :-\

I accidentally found my old GG account the other day, which ONLY had Pr0N and RoP on it from a deep discount sale years ago under Paradox. (Pr0N was $3.) The download was still operational. I went back and forth between Matrix and GG about transferring, but since Paradox didn't send a serial number there was nothing Matrix wanted to do about it.

(I say "wanted" only because I have a hard time believing they couldn't generate a new serial number for it any time they wanted. They didn't dispute I owned the game, they could confirm that with GG. Sure the SN wouldn't correspond with anything in the game's installer coding, but it would be in their system so I could register ownership and get a Steam code from Slitherine! The Matrix guy was very nice about it at least. :-\ )


They offered to give us Matrix keys to the AGE games we previously owned, before they joined Matrix??

Admittedly, I don't regularly check the AGEOD forums.  However, I did purchase PON and perhaps some others at full price years ago.

Not sure if I should bother pestering the AGE guys for them now, if that is the case, or just let it ride.  There may well be more of their stuff being re/hosted on Steam again, so I'd prefer to get my library of AGE games done all at once if I do.

My Gamersgate downloads still work, of course, and are compatible with the updates attained from the AGEOD forums as far as I know.  I'm not sure they do with patches from the Slitherine-Matrix sites though.  I certainly don't have Steam keys for them. 


JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on July 03, 2014, 07:39:21 PM
They offered to give us Matrix keys to the AGE games we previously owned, before they joined Matrix??

No, sorry I wasn't clear. I wasn't ever talking to Ageod, only to Matrix and GG. But since the Matrix keys are generated by Matrix in total independence from Ageod (per se), and since I need a Matrix key to register the game with Slither and get a Steam key, then I tried to see if Matrix would generate one for a game that came through GG.

But in hindsight my mistake was thinking Matrix == Ageod. In effect I bought an Ageod game through Paradox via Gamersgate; so it isn't that Matrix couldn't have assigned me a serial number for it, but that because I never bought it from them in the first place they didn't want to.

That's fair enough, now that I've thought about it a bit more.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 03, 2014, 08:10:16 AM

• 1861-1865 Our Hearts were Touched with Fire April 1861 scenario (THE multi-theater Grand Campaign)


  I'm working on this one.  My heart was touched with Yikes!

TheCommandTent

Quote from: MengJiao on July 28, 2014, 11:33:47 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 03, 2014, 08:10:16 AM

• 1861-1865 Our Hearts were Touched with Fire April 1861 scenario (THE multi-theater Grand Campaign)


  I'm working on this one.  My heart was touched with Yikes!

I am trying this one and barely keeping my head above water.  I think its fair that I get at least 1 or 2 more restarts as I am learning as I play.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Rayfer

Steep learning curve. I restarted quite a few times as different layers of the game became clear in my slow-to-learn mind. But after about 10 turns it all started to come together and the turns moved on much quicker.

sandman2575

Ditto -- I've had multiple false starts now with the July '61 2-theater campaign, as USA (no way am I tackling the much harder to play CSA right now).  I am having a hell of time keeping unit production straight -- what's being built where, and for what original reason.  I also keep refusing to blunder into Bull Run, and so wait turn after turn in the hope that all the forces in Alexandria will be active so I can order something like a coordinated attack -- and so the game winds up going multiple turns without any battles, which is kinda boring.  I guess I just say the hell with it and send McDowell and all his terribly uncoordinated forces to Manassas on that first turn.  At least it would shake things up. 

Mostly I'm just biding my time til To End All Wars comes out...

MengJiao

Quote from: sandman2575 on July 28, 2014, 01:56:45 PM
Ditto -- I've had multiple false starts now with the July '61 2-theater campaign, as USA (no way am I tackling the much harder to play CSA right now).  I am having a hell of time keeping unit production straight -- what's being built where, and for what original reason.  I also keep refusing to blunder into Bull Run, and so wait turn after turn in the hope that all the forces in Alexandria will be active so I can order something like a coordinated attack -- and so the game winds up going multiple turns without any battles, which is kinda boring.  I guess I just say the hell with it and send McDowell and all his terribly uncoordinated forces to Manassas on that first turn.  At least it would shake things up. 

Mostly I'm just biding my time til To End All Wars comes out...

  If you wait til 1914, the Confederates will be on Alpha Centuri befriending some friendly aliens who will not like you.

MengJiao

Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 28, 2014, 12:04:56 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on July 28, 2014, 11:33:47 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 03, 2014, 08:10:16 AM

• 1861-1865 Our Hearts were Touched with Fire April 1861 scenario (THE multi-theater Grand Campaign)


  I'm working on this one.  My heart was touched with Yikes!

I am trying this one and barely keeping my head above water.  I think its fair that I get at least 1 or 2 more restarts as I am learning as I play.

  I'm intrigued with getting the Union forces rolling.  I don't quite get how they made it to 1862 at this point, much less taking ground on the Mississippi and on the NC coast and without the French, Spanish, English and Austro-Hungarians blowing up Baltimore.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on July 28, 2014, 02:25:41 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 28, 2014, 12:04:56 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on July 28, 2014, 11:33:47 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 03, 2014, 08:10:16 AM

• 1861-1865 Our Hearts were Touched with Fire April 1861 scenario (THE multi-theater Grand Campaign)


  I'm working on this one.  My heart was touched with Yikes!

I am trying this one and barely keeping my head above water.  I think its fair that I get at least 1 or 2 more restarts as I am learning as I play.

  I'm intrigued with getting the Union forces rolling.  I don't quite get how they made it to 1862 at this point, much less taking ground on the Mississippi and on the NC coast and without the French, Spanish, English and Austro-Hungarians blowing up Baltimore.

Based on that Tom Clancy SteamPunk aeronautical thriller: A Possible Vaporous Whiff of Danger.