This Thursday is like unto Friday unto me

Started by MengJiao, July 03, 2014, 09:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on July 05, 2014, 08:36:47 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 04, 2014, 05:03:00 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 03, 2014, 09:06:35 PM
I really like that screenshot Toonces!   8)

Does the mod model the ground war?


As far as I can tell it models it the same way it is modeled in other Strike Fighter titles...your missions impact how the ground war evolves, supply and such.  I accidentally dropped a cluster bomb on a group of friendly commandos on one mission, so those guys are down there somewhere!   :-[

Yep, there are definitely friendlies about, although I don't recall ever seeing them actually engaging during a mission.  Of course, a vast majority of my strike missions have been behind the front lines.  I've not played an A-10 campaign yet, however. 

Not sure about that specific mod, but I think the ground war in the SF2 series progresses between your missions.  I don't think there's much activity while you're flying, such as it does in Wings Over Flanders Fields.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Sniper: Elite 3.

I was hoping to finally be able to get into Divinity:OS but they still haven't patched the numpad bug so that's out.

W8taminute

Nice win Gus!  I have yet to complete a campaign in RTW2.  Working on it slowly though and I bought Carthage during the summer sale so can't wait to try that out.

In the meantime I'm actually liking Age of Wonders 3.  It's definitely as captivating as Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes.  I'd say the two games are pretty much even for me with FE:LH having a slight edge with it's customize unit option.  But the artwork in AoW3 is definitely 'purdyier'.

Also continuing my Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag story.  Great game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^How far into Black Flag are you? I have that queued up for some time after Valiant Hearts, Wolfenstein, Thief and Endless Legend :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I'm in the middle of Sequence 10 of 13 atm.  This particular Sequence seems very pivotal in the story and I suspect the remaining 3 sequences to progress fairly quickly.  (Sequences are like chapters in a story for those who don't know the series.  Each Sequence consists of several 'memories' (i.e. missions) that you must complete in order to advance the story. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^I would say about 40 hours or so.  Next time I log in to the game I'll check my total playing time. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

The AssCreed games have always given me a lot of gaming on the dollar.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Spent most of my gaming time this weekend with Divinity Original Sin and I am absolutely loving it.  It was well worth the money I put down on it.  It is a deep game that is really letting me come at it in my own way, making my own mistakes and forcing me to learn from them.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

mikeck

Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 06, 2014, 08:19:43 PM
Spent most of my gaming time this weekend with Divinity Original Sin and I am absolutely loving it.  It was well worth the money I put down on it.  It is a deep game that is really letting me come at it in my own way, making my own mistakes and forcing me to learn from them.

I like it too....but have no idea what I am supposed to be doing!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Arctic Blast

I cannot stop playing Payday 2! Except for when I'm playing BroForce and Battleblock Theater.

GDS_Starfury

WoT had a x5 weekend so I ran my garage through that.  it's good to be back in my E-75.  like the least problematic great sex ex girlfriends who gives you just what you want.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.