This Thursday is like unto Friday unto me

Started by MengJiao, July 03, 2014, 09:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

Thanks, Toonces for the list of mods. I haven't put them all on yet, but the 'Towns and Villages Enhanced' are good.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Shelldrake

Quote from: bob48 on July 08, 2014, 05:16:55 AM
Thanks, Toonces for the list of mods. I haven't put them all on yet, but the 'Towns and Villages Enhanced' are good.

Can one of you post the list of Toonce's suggested mods? Thanks.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Sir Slash

I finished-off my on-again, off-again ETW campaign with a win as Russia in the summer of 1724. The last fight was a typical TW back-stab of my loyal-from-turn-one-ally Georgia. But for the win, they understood. This gives me a campaign win in every TW game from Rome 1 to present with the exception of NTW and the current Rome 2. I played the campaign on the hard difficulity level but really after I got Russia going in the early game, it wasn't that hard. I think Shogun 2 was more of a challenge. Vodkas all around to celebrate, Comrades. :)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: bob48 on July 08, 2014, 05:16:55 AM
Thanks, Toonces for the list of mods. I haven't put them all on yet, but the 'Towns and Villages Enhanced' are good.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3977033/Skryim_STEP#Post3977033

see them STEP shots

bob48

Quote from: Shelldrake on July 08, 2014, 07:50:15 AM
Quote from: bob48 on July 08, 2014, 05:16:55 AM
Thanks, Toonces for the list of mods. I haven't put them all on yet, but the 'Towns and Villages Enhanced' are good.

Can one of you post the list of Toonce's suggested mods? Thanks.

Here ya go;

Random Alternate Start
Wet and Cold Ashes
Wet and Cold
Bandoliers and Pouches
Enhanced Distant terrain
Towns and Villages Enhance (note, there are a few here to pick from)
Lanterns of Skyrim
Gleaming Falls
Immersive saturation Boost
True Skyrim
RNG Dynamic Guards
Frostfall Hypothermia
Wearable Lanterns (Note - I got an error message with this one as it seems you need SKYUI installed)
There is a further one - Project Reality - Climates, but unfortunately, I can't read me own writing for the rest of it :-)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Toonces

Gleaming Falls, Hypothermia, and the Enhanced Villages are my favorites.  Oh, and wearable lanterns.  And Cloaks of Skyrim.  And Winter is Coming.  Yeah, lots of good stuff there.

I'm a n00b at any graphics enhancements, though.  That STEP looks niiiiiiice, but it sounds hella hard to install.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Kushan

Skyrim HD 2k Textures, with either Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel on Realistic Colors Realistic Nights (RCRN) for graphics. Some of the ENBs are nice, but I don't generally prefer them to CoT or RCRN.. Cabal120's aMidianBorn Book of Silence armor re-textures is a must have as well.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

Are the mods easy to manage? Easy to install and uninstall? Any compatibility issues?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Kushan

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 08, 2014, 09:57:38 PM
Are the mods easy to manage? Easy to install and uninstall? Any compatibility issues?

Get the Nexus Mod Manager, its simple double click to instal/uninstall.

As for compatibility, it depends on what your trying to mod. Most mods should work together, if your smart about it. Don't try to install and run multiple mods that overhaul combat for instance, unless the mod authors say they will work together or they effect different things. Graphics mods, NMM will give you a pop up if one texture is going to overwrite another, and you can choose what one you want.

Also its generally good practice to not uninstall a mod mid game. Installing is new ones mid game is ok for the most part, but uninstalling can lead to some bad things.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play