X-Plane Coming to Steam

Started by republic, July 09, 2014, 08:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

republic

http://www.x-plane.com/2014/07/x-plane-10-is-coming-to-steam/

I hope this will help spur flight sim development.  Now that we have so many spacey games in the works...maybe the flight sim is ready for a comeback  :)

Grim.Reaper

Do we know if it will use the steam workshop to make modding and additions easier to apply?  Will you be able to buy add-ons through it as well?

If so, this might be something that finally gets me to jump in.....

undercovergeek

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 09, 2014, 08:07:06 AM
Do we know if it will use the steam workshop to make modding and additions easier to apply?  Will you be able to buy add-ons through it as well?

If so, this might be something that finally gets me to jump in.....

have you seen Finding Nemo?



you remind me of this guy when a new game is mentioned

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 09, 2014, 08:23:00 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 09, 2014, 08:07:06 AM
Do we know if it will use the steam workshop to make modding and additions easier to apply?  Will you be able to buy add-ons through it as well?

If so, this might be something that finally gets me to jump in.....

have you seen Finding Nemo?



you remind me of this guy when a new game is mentioned

Thanks

undercovergeek

lol - no offense meant obviously

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 09, 2014, 08:29:36 AM
lol - no offense meant obviously

No worries at all...didn't take offense...to be honest, never saw that movie either:)  I was probably too busy trying to decide the next game I was going to purchase instead:)

jomni

#6
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 09, 2014, 08:07:06 AM
Do we know if it will use the steam workshop to make modding and additions easier to apply?  Will you be able to buy add-ons through it as well?

If so, this might be something that finally gets me to jump in.....

Even without Steam Workshop, adding add-ons is already easy.  Just slap it in the right directory, no text file editing like the other sim.  That's why I prefer it more than FSX now.
What I like for a Steam version is auto update.  I had problems updating before using the updater.

More users will be good.

And no more DVD in drive DRM.

bob48

I've been tempted by this for ages as an alternative to FSX, although the price has put me off. I also read that there is a lot of map area that is pretty devoid of detail. Can anyone confirm / deny?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

jomni

Quote from: bob48 on July 09, 2014, 06:17:34 PM
I've been tempted by this for ages as an alternative to FSX, although the price has put me off. I also read that there is a lot of map area that is pretty devoid of detail. Can anyone confirm / deny?

Confirm.  Just green grass and roads.  Cities are suburbs.  Airports have no buildings. That's why I spend most of my time editing scenery.


jomni

Not yet.  Because it doesn't cover my area of operations (Asia).

Jarhead0331

Pay attention, ladies. Its out.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Staggerwing

Hey Huw!

Looks like it's available in Linux!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 14, 2014, 05:45:23 PM
Hey Huw!

Looks like it's available in Linux!

Yeah and I wouldn't mind having it at all, but I can't devote the time to it right now.  Bloody tempting though, and a real boon for the Linux community. :)

jomni

It doesn't choose an OS. The physical version is usable in Windows, Mac, Linux.