Battleplan: American Civil War

Started by Rayfer, July 04, 2014, 07:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Is anyone else suffering really badly from not being able to select units sometimes - regardless of how many times you click on it?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Tosh

I also have problems selecting units.

JudgeDredd

Given how fast the game plays - it's murderous when you can't select units. There's a selection issue I'm sure - unless there's a "limit" I guess...meaning you can't select a unit because you can't give them orders because all your dispatch riders are out or something - that might be the cause.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 09, 2014, 02:26:53 AM
Given how fast the game plays - it's murderous when you can't select units. There's a selection issue I'm sure - unless there's a "limit" I guess...meaning you can't select a unit because you can't give them orders because all your dispatch riders are out or something - that might be the cause.

I sometimes had an issue but I then changed to quickly double clicking on the unit I wanted to select and seemed to work better for me.  Pretty sure the developer said no limit to the riders so I don't think that is the issue.  Maybe once the slowdown patch is released that will help too.

[TMC] Maurice

Hello people,
Maurice here - one of the designers.
With the selection problem - can I check - is this happening while units have no orders? (They won't accept new orders if they already have one.)
It's possible that this is related to the click-able area around the unit - which we had to make relatively small due to the large number of units.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: [TMC] Maurice on July 11, 2014, 05:52:47 AM
Hello people,
Maurice here - one of the designers.
With the selection problem - can I check - is this happening while units have no orders? (They won't accept new orders if they already have one.)
It's possible that this is related to the click-able area around the unit - which we had to make relatively small due to the large number of units.

My issue has to do with not being able to physically select the unit...takes multiple clicks.  So likely has to do with how small you made the selectable unit.  As battles get bigger, can only imagine this will become more frustrating.

[TMC] Maurice

Ok, thanks.
I'll add this our list of things to look into some more.

Grim.Reaper

While your here, any chance slowdown patch released today:)

[TMC] Maurice

Yes - a good chance. We're testing it now.
If it comes through ok - and it looks to have come through well so far - then we'll push it through to Steam.
I expect it's going to be at least four or five hours from now, though.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: [TMC] Maurice on July 11, 2014, 06:31:53 AM
Yes - a good chance. We're testing it now.
If it comes through ok - and it looks to have come through well so far - then we'll push it through to Steam.
I expect it's going to be at least four or five hours from now, though.

Excellent..

[TMC] Maurice

It's going to be on the Game Options menu screen - there'll be a slider where you can set your preferred game speed. The timer on the HUD will work the same way - allowing for Pause and Fast Forward.
We wanted to match the iOS version so we didn't put the slider on the HUD itself.

Grim.Reaper

 :smitten:
Quote from: [TMC] Maurice on July 11, 2014, 06:42:47 AM
It's going to be on the Game Options menu screen - there'll be a slider where you can set your preferred game speed. The timer on the HUD will work the same way - allowing for Pause and Fast Forward.
We wanted to match the iOS version so we didn't put the slider on the HUD itself.

We'll have to see how it works....was kind of hoping it would be on the HUD so you could easily speed up or slow down the game depending on the situation.  But we'll see.

[TMC] Maurice

Yeah, I'm hoping the Fast Forward/Normal speed modes on the HUD will allow enough control for most people most of the time over the course of a battle. As you say, we'll see...

JudgeDredd

^ I would've thought a half speed, normal speed and fast forward would've been a better combination on the hud  ;)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Just downloaded the latest patch with slowdown feature added....going to give it a try.