One reason amongst many why i'm here and not there

Started by undercovergeek, July 13, 2014, 05:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/07/11/wot-i-think-divinity-original-sin/#comments

a very respectable write up, i concur and love the game.

At the time of writing there are 296 comments about feminism and hardly any about the game or the work gone into the write up.

They just cant help themselves - 'oh no a woman in a bikini - TEAR IT DOWN AND BURN IT ALL!!!!!!!'

Ive always admired GH as a place to come and discuss games, thats right games - personally i respect women greatlly, and i appreciate all their wobbly, in and out womanly parts - placing one in a bikini for a game will not bring about the end of woman, feminism or the human race

MetalDog

We are glad to have you, 'geek.  It's the people that come here that make it what it is, and we are grateful for that.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

A cogent and almost intelligible post, Geek.

Well done - the medication is obviously proving to be effective.

...now, what's this you say about wimmin' in bikini's?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek


Huw the Poo

I've been thinking about ranting about this very topic for a while now.  The "discussion" about girls in games has always pissed me off, but lately Tom Bramwell at Eurogamer has been posting some unbelievably inane bullshit about it and made me very angry indeed!

undercovergeek

rant away, if anyone can its a recently stopped smoking Welshman

Huw the Poo

In time...perhaps I should go back and read the Eurogamer articles again to get all riled up!

Staggerwing

Quote from: bob48 on July 13, 2014, 07:22:03 AM

...now, what's this you say about wimmin' in bikini's?


Is that cookware I hear rattling in the background... ?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

huw - the comments on the RPS piece are enough to inflame you

the very first comment is a 'YOURE DEGRADING WOMEN WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH' comment and it all goes downhill from there

bob48

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 13, 2014, 09:09:39 AM
Quote from: bob48 on July 13, 2014, 07:22:03 AM

...now, what's this you say about wimmin' in bikini's?


Is that cookware I hear rattling in the background... ?

Shhhhh!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Huw the Poo

#10
Here is the first piece by Tom Bramwell.

There's plenty there to get your teeth into, like right at the beginning when he implies that men are inherently sexist.  He then goes on to describe an achievement in Red Dead Redemption that you get if you tie a woman to a railway track and watch her get hit by a train.  He says that:

Quoteit's just a contextless act of violence against women that gamifies something that we dimly remember as being associated with a film genre

Yes, that's right - that's all it is!  If that's sexist, then why is it OK to murder innocent men in Grand Theft Auto?  If the RDR thing makes you sexist, then murdering pedestrians in GTA makes you a psychopath.

Speaking of GTA, here's another one.  In "realising" that he's been writing in a sexist manner throughout his career, he recalls writing this about GTA:

QuoteWomen you date will notice if you dress poorly. They also nag

...well, do they nag?  If so, it's accurate.  If not, it's inaccurate.  It isn't sexist!  And if it were, then what is it when, going back to the start of the article, he implies that all men are sexist?  Isn't that a sexist thing to say?

But hey, don't take my word for it.  Read the article yourselves, if you can plough through that much drivel in one sitting.  It makes my blood boil.  It's a squirming, cringe-worthy attempt to demonstrate...well, I don't know what he thinks he's doing, but what he's actually doing is making a complete tit of himself.

Toonces

I didn't read the article, but I have to agree that women's wiggly parts are pretty awesome...they make me all squishy inside.   :)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

They make you squishy on the outside?  Yeah, they do that to me, too actually.   :smitten:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Political Correctness is a ridiculous yet popular sub-culture that has been nurtured too much already.  It's been used to increasingly brainwash children over the decades, although it obviously didn't quite "take" on all of us.

It's just modern Revisionism and pushes the cries of Victimization to new levels, for no benefit other than political pandering or profit via litigation.  ::)