Horizon: Humans in space gets new patch

Started by Anguille, June 19, 2014, 02:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Anguille

#15
Quote from: bbmike on July 15, 2014, 05:25:56 AM
Started my first game last night. It has a very strong MOO2 vibe. In fact it feels exactly like (interface-wise only so far) MOO2 with updated graphics. What I don't like so far is the way techs and ship upgrades work. You just keep upping levels?

When you make research, you unlock new technologies (very much like MOO1 or Lost Empires: immortals) and you can focus on the ones you need most (for example extended range etc). Some techs (like Stargates) can only be found by missions or by digging planets (the ones with a ! i think).

You play a classical game or the mission game?

bbmike

Quote from: Anguille on July 15, 2014, 06:51:43 AM

When you make research, you unlock new technologies (very much like MOO1 or Lost Empires: immortals) and you can focus on the ones you need most (for example extended range etc). Some techs (like Stargates) can only be found by missions or by digging planets (the ones with a ! i think).

You play a classical game or the mission game?

What do you mean by unlock new technologies? I can see where the tech levels increase (starting at 0 and incrementing by 1 after each one is researched) but is there something else? Is there something that tell what each level does?

I'm playing classic game by the way.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Anguille

#17
Quote from: bbmike on July 15, 2014, 05:24:33 PM
Quote from: Anguille on July 15, 2014, 06:51:43 AM

When you make research, you unlock new technologies (very much like MOO1 or Lost Empires: immortals) and you can focus on the ones you need most (for example extended range etc). Some techs (like Stargates) can only be found by missions or by digging planets (the ones with a ! i think).

You play a classical game or the mission game?

What do you mean by unlock new technologies? I can see where the tech levels increase (starting at 0 and incrementing by 1 after each one is researched) but is there something else? Is there something that tell what each level does?

I'm playing classic game by the way.

I'll take a fictional example (don't have the tech tree in mind). For example you research Fusion Drive...when you get to level 2 for example, you unlock Fusion rifles and Atomic bombs, each on level 0. This information is also shown in the news.

You can decide to invest in these if you like. So there's more to research than just going from one level to another. You get to focus on specific fields you like.

Cheers

I like the classical game but the story game is interesting and make the whole thing more living, i'd try once if i were you.

bbmike

Thanks! I thought I would try classic mode before I jumped into the campaign.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak