Steel Beasts Pro Players?

Started by Tomlok, February 18, 2014, 09:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asid

Quote from: Skoop on July 16, 2014, 12:36:29 PM
That's if you want to own it for ever, you can get a temp licenses for cheap to try it.  You'd have to look at the esim site to get the exact pricing.

Again

Heres the official site that you can purchase from http://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1361

1 Month = $9.50
4 Months = $24.50
One year = $39.50

But unlike the dongle these licenses are limited to a single pc. Also if the license is valid during the release of a paid update (approx once every 18 months) then you will not have to pay extra. Your license will allow you to use the current version. Just download the update and you are good to go.

Monthly subscription has NO dongle. The security is software based.

Base with dongle is = $115 and paid updates are $25 - $40 (approx every 18 months) all other updates are free.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Nefaro

So.. if I purchased the dongle...

Does that mean I'd also have to purchase the most recent 'paid update' to have the latest version??

Skoop

Back when I took the plunge into that steep sb pro cost, I mulled over as well.  One thing that helped my final decision is that you can usually resell pretty well and at least recoup 80 % of the cost if you absolutely hate the sim.  It's so rare that people usually jump at the chance to get sb pro for 85 bucks as opposed to a hundred plus.  Though I don't play sb pro every day I would never part with it, it one of my all time classics that will be on my hard drive for ever.

Asid

Quote from: Nefaro on July 16, 2014, 12:58:06 PM
So.. if I purchased the dongle...

Does that mean I'd also have to purchase the most recent 'paid update' to have the latest version??

No

If you buy now you will receive V3. That is the latest version. If you had v 2.xx and wanted to go to V3 then it was $40.

So if you buy the $115 dongle you will have the latest version.

Beware if you do buy!!! You will be converted :)

If you want to chat about SB pm me :)
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Skoop

#34
Quote from: Nefaro on July 16, 2014, 12:58:06 PM
So.. if I purchased the dongle...

Does that mean I'd also have to purchase the most recent 'paid update' to have the latest version??

I believe so... Hence why they add the temporary license alternative.  Lot of people show interest in the sim but can't get past the stiff initial price.

Edit... Asid is probably right.... Just the $115 purchase for  everything.

Asid

I play Steel Beasts pro regularly on and off line. I have the latest version installed and i operate the beta as well. If you need any info or are not sure about anything then just ask :)
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Nefaro

Quote from: Asid on July 16, 2014, 01:01:31 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 16, 2014, 12:58:06 PM
So.. if I purchased the dongle...

Does that mean I'd also have to purchase the most recent 'paid update' to have the latest version??

No

If you buy now you will receive V3. That is the latest version. If you had v 2.xx and wanted to go to V3 then it was $40.

So if you buy the $115 dongle you will have the latest version.

Beware if you do buy!!! You will be converted :)

If you want to chat about SB pm me :)

Thanks.  This was something I didn't understand. 

I'm sure I'd enjoy it.  It's just that I tend to jump around between different games quite often, depending on my oft-changing period interests.  So the initial cost is cause for even more deliberation since I will likely only play it in spurts, as with everything else.  However, if I do it I'll want to go all-in as I want to avoid "renting" it.

JudgeDredd

What's the manual like?

I'm in for a month...if I like, I might buy into it
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Asid

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 16, 2014, 04:34:49 PM
What's the manual like?

I'm in for a month...if I like, I might buy into it

Lots of documentation...also a great wiki  http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/Main_Page

pm sent Judge :)
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 16, 2014, 04:34:49 PM
What's the manual like?

I'm in for a month...if I like, I might buy into it

tea down face  :))

jomni

You don't need the manual.  The tutorial and practice missions are enough to get you going.

JudgeDredd

Purchase and registration/activation was pretty painless

Challenger II looks superb.

I had no idea what to do - so I'll have to look at the controls tomorrow and assign keys (I don't want to use joystick for this)

£6 for a month is nothing really. even if it takes me two or three months to make sure I'll be playing it or not - that's £18. Not a lot and saves me going all in.

What's to lose - except £6.  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

Ah so you took the plunge. :D

Might as well reinstall this baby and get the upgrade.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 16, 2014, 05:12:56 PM
Purchase and registration/activation was pretty painless

Challenger II looks superb.

I had no idea what to do - so I'll have to look at the controls tomorrow and assign keys (I don't want to use joystick for this)

Best advice, pick a vehicle you enjoy and learn the shit out of it. If you try to take on multiple vehicles at once you'll lose your mind. The Leo/Abrams/Chally/T72 are all very unique, with much different fire control systems. Your head will explode from constantly having to reference the manual.

Also, I prefer mouse over stick in game. Just feels another and easier to navigate to UI/Map

jomni

#44
Good advice. I started with Abrams then found out the Leo is more complicated. Then stopped playing.  I usually just pick a scenario and play whatever is available. But I see the benefit of sticking to one tank just like in flight simming. And if there are no scenarios, we can make one anyway. Something I haven't done.