In the grim darkness of the Friday there is only war. And blood. And bowls.

Started by JasonPratt, July 24, 2014, 05:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rizik6

On the road this weekend. I'm playing scenarios from a few Tiller mobile games. Also I'm going to give XCOM mobile a try.

Ian C

I played my first run-through in Dishonored. Looking forward to the DLC missions.
Also played some Making History Gold and Making History The Great War.

JasonPratt

Well, I did manage to post up the finale to my Season One AAR (which only took forever to write up and screenie  :buck2: ), and got back to playing Season Two; but in the middle of my first playoff an uncle indicated we might be movie-watching so I had to switch to something where I could constantly save.

No movies, but I did thus spend over 7 hours playing Pandora: First Contact. Not too sure I'll go back -- the combat is a little to unpolished or something -- but I wasn't unhappy.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on July 25, 2014, 08:41:52 AM
Quote from: tgb on July 24, 2014, 07:20:27 PM
I'm going through a bout with gaming ennui, and the past few days have been spent installing and uninstalling games from my backlog.  Nothing seems to really grab ahold of my interest.

  Big weekend here.  Lots of WITPAE PBEM full of sneaky japs (the enemy) and courageous scions of democracy or Chang-Kai-Shek or Stalin or Mao or the Free French or the Indian Army (that's me).  It's June 1942 with no Coral Sea or Midway.  So the biggest KB ever known to man is out there somewhere.
Meanwhile, I'm playing Heroes and Generals late at night.  It seems to satisfy my gamey cravings for slightly arcadey action.  I got reasonably good at blowing up German tanks with a bazooka, so if I'm feeling a need to do somewhat easy stuff in the game, I do that.  The hard part for me is killing Germans at pointblank range.  They still get me most of the time in a close-range fight.  I tried a lot of stuff: grenades, SMGs, the BAR and the M1.  The BAR with mods was doing very well, but it goes through ammo fast and you can't take a bazooka and a BAR.  Now that would be fine.  So back to the M1 with more mods.  And a Bazooka.  I won't get quite as many Germans at close range but I may compensate somehow by killing more at medium range and getting a few tanks occasionally.  It's a plan anyway.
And some boardgames:  probably continuing with Hoplite.

  This just in:  I started playing Ageod's Civil War II.  Seems pretty cool.  On the first run, I got clobbered early on (in 1861) by the Confederates.  It was like First Bull Run + 100.  They came out of nowhere.  There were millions of them.
  I could have played on, but now the challenge was -- at least not to do worse than the Feds in 1861.  So back to that.

  On the HG front: I got a lot of amusement out of killing Germans with names like Ashwitz.  Ashwitz?  Why not Treblinka?  Pick a real death camp and spell it correctly next time, eh, Ashwitz, if that really is your name?  Yes, the M1 and the bazooka are working fine.  I'm still pretty bad at close range, but I think I've figured out that my relatively good ping lets me switch states (eg -- in jeep to out of jeep) a little faster than my death-camp-spelling-challenged foes.  Still, killing range for me is usually greater than 20 feet.  Bang Bang.  Now about the bazooka.  That thing is murder in a big tube.  Pump in a few rockets and watch the little Ashwitzes go flying.  Very, very satisfying.

  Elsewhere: routine WitpAE PBEM and boardgames.

Sir Slash

I got a nice surprise present from Radious Saturday. He updated his Rome 2 mod adding 60 cool  new units to the Eastern, Arabian, and African factions. Unfortunately for me I'm at war with about half of these factions in my Seleucid campaign. Now they've got a whole bunch of new units to kick my armored ass with. Maybe it's time to go west and north.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.