Peoples General French and indian war 3.0 released

Started by Micha, August 02, 2014, 04:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Micha


Boggit

Hi Micha

I've had a quick look at your website. So many different mods, and clearly a lot of work gone into them. :coolsmiley: Thanks for your gift to the gaming community. 8) O0

If I download a mod, is it a standalone game, or do I need to load my old copy of Peoples General before it will work?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Micha

Quote from: Boggit on August 02, 2014, 12:31:30 PM
Hi Micha

I've had a quick look at your website. So many different mods, and clearly a lot of work gone into them. :coolsmiley: Thanks for your gift to the gaming community. 8) O0

If I download a mod, is it a standalone game, or do I need to load my old copy of Peoples General before it will work?

Every mod works as standalone. I had a month long conversation with ubisoft to purchase the source code,
They told me everything about peoples general is in the trashcan, no one is interested in this game anymore.
But to play the game you must learn the basics of peoples general.

By the way, scenariomakers are always wellcome.
Have fun.
Please read how to handle the high resolution patch, ( on top of website )the game can be fixed for 4.3 or wide screen.


DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Boggit

Quote from: Micha on August 02, 2014, 02:08:52 PM
Quote from: Boggit on August 02, 2014, 12:31:30 PM
Hi Micha

I've had a quick look at your website. So many different mods, and clearly a lot of work gone into them. :coolsmiley: Thanks for your gift to the gaming community. 8) O0

If I download a mod, is it a standalone game, or do I need to load my old copy of Peoples General before it will work?

Every mod works as standalone. I had a month long conversation with ubisoft to purchase the source code,
They told me everything about peoples general is in the trashcan, no one is interested in this game anymore.
But to play the game you must learn the basics of peoples general.

By the way, scenariomakers are always wellcome.
Have fun.
Please read how to handle the high resolution patch, ( on top of website )the game can be fixed for 4.3 or wide screen.
Thanks Micha! You're a star! :smitten: O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Micha

#7
Quote from: Boggit on August 06, 2014, 02:07:36 PM
Quote from: Micha on August 02, 2014, 02:08:52 PM
Quote from: Boggit on August 02, 2014, 12:31:30 PM
Hi Micha

I've had a quick look at your website. So many different mods, and clearly a lot of work gone into them. :coolsmiley: Thanks for your gift to the gaming community. 8) O0

If I download a mod, is it a standalone game, or do I need to load my old copy of Peoples General before it will work?

Every mod works as standalone. I had a month long conversation with ubisoft to purchase the source code,
They told me everything about peoples general is in the trashcan, no one is interested in this game anymore.
But to play the game you must learn the basics of peoples general.

By the way, scenariomakers are always wellcome.
Have fun.
Please read how to handle the high resolution patch, ( on top of website )the game can be fixed for 4.3 or wide screen.
Thanks Micha! You're a star! :smitten: O0

Hi Boggit,
a lot of people worked for this game , not only me , but i"m the last aktive designer for Peoples General.
My mainintend why i do this games is to to have 1 game for all timeperodes from 1700 on.
Having different rules for dozends of games killed my nerves for 15 years.
If i could like hps games my life would be much easyer but those rules are a pain for me.
By the way the perfect addition to peg is the game field of strategy, also freeware which contains a lot
of scenarios which are not included in Peg.
Glad you like it.