X-Plane Coming to Steam

Started by republic, July 09, 2014, 08:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PanzersEast

I still plan to purchase X-Plane even though I am heavily vested in FSX...... just flew the PMDG 747 last night and decided not to purchase the 777 @ $90 (I want to, but I can buy so many games I will never play for that amount).....  ::)  I need to watch some more vids as I followed the development of 10 but have not revisited in a long while.



PE

PanzersEast

Oh.... one of the main reason is I can pickup X-Plane and the 777 Worldliner for roughly the same price once I get the discount for X-Plane as opposed to purchasing the PMDG 777.  Good to have choices!


PE

jomni

#17
Quote from: republic on July 10, 2014, 07:22:43 AM
Have you tried this Jomni?  http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-10-hd-scenery-mesh-v2/

Yahoo!!! Japan is now available!

Here are some of my scenery with the new mesh.  It apparently also alters roads and landclass. :)


Yskonyn

Looks good!
Can you import that map into SB Pro for Asid and me, jomni? ;)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

republic

I just wish I had a Aerosoft Twin Otter or Lionheart Kodiak Quest to fly in X-Plane.  I wonder how hard it would be to take your FSX assets and just create a X-Plane version.  You already have the models, etc....I don't' get it.  :(

Asid

Quote from: Yskonyn on July 26, 2014, 06:59:04 AM
Looks good!
Can you import that map into SB Pro for Asid and me, jomni? ;)

:knuppel2:
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

jomni

Clouds cast shadows on the ground thanks to SkyMaxx Pro 2.0.   
http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/skymaxx-p-101.html






Eat that FSX!

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Huw the Poo

Looks like you're getting low framerates, Jomni.  :-\

jomni

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 09, 2014, 07:00:36 AM
Looks like you're getting low framerates, Jomni.  :-\

Why do you say that?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on August 09, 2014, 07:27:22 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 09, 2014, 07:00:36 AM
Looks like you're getting low framerates, Jomni.  :-\

Why do you say that?

Look at it, dude. Nothing is moving. Duh!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Huw the Poo

A few posts ago your framerate was showing 19 and 26.

Don't get me wrong, I only dream of 26 on any game made since 2005, but to many gamers that would be unacceptable!

jomni

Yes.  I had to turn down detail after that.
The new Japan mesh add-on added a lot of buildings as well.

Grim.Reaper