Main Menu

The Cap

Started by JudgeDredd, August 10, 2014, 01:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

My 13 year old daughter is Captain America mad and she's on holiday in the South of France with her school for a week...so I thought I would do a wee painting for her for when she returns

Be gentle - all free hand :-) (screwed the shield up on the right hand side)




And the original

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MetalDog

That's outSTANDing, JD!  Cap is a favorite of mine. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Thanks. The Cap's films were my favorites I have to say
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Martok

That's damn cool, JD! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

W8taminute

You have a good eye for drawing/painting.  You're daughter is going to love it!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

Thanks all.

My dad was a great artist and we used to draw quite often together before I joined the army in '83. I haven't done much in the way of drawing or painting in the last 30 years though, and I was never too hot at painting, always preferring sketching.

I think the next one I do will be a sketch and I'll stay away from the paint tbh

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

GDS_Starfury

or better yet do your sketches and drawings and then use watercolors.  You seem to have graduated colors down.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


JudgeDredd

All painting scares me...but especially water colours.

The Cap was using acrylic
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

GDS_Starfury

watercolors are actually the most forgiving once you get this concept of pure water as an eraser and blender.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


bayonetbrant

Its better than painting your face for a dumb bet!

:)
Seriously - looks great!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Nicely done JD, you renaissance man.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Love it. Well done!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.