Battlefront Combat Mission Normandy and Italy - 3.0 Upgrade now available

Started by Grim.Reaper, August 10, 2014, 02:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

I was sure my BfN engine was updated to 2 when FI came out (or some kind of crazy mix)...so that isn't the case?

Bear in mind - I HAVE Red Thunder....so Red Thunder and the 3.0 engine are installed on my system - I just want to be clear whether I need to buy the 3.0 update for BfN and FI or whether they were updated to the 3.0 engine when I installed Red Thunder or indeed if they weren't updated on install of Red Thunder then I get a free download of BfN and FI because I bought Red Thunder...as I said, I'm sure that's the way it worked before.

Given my terrible memory I could be wrong - but I was sure that was the case!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MikeGER

Quote from: Yskonyn on August 11, 2014, 08:14:16 AM
...to get the new functionality in those games that was introduced by Red Thunder.

well, AFAIK: minus the flamethrowers and tankriders, so  :-/
(there are rumors the code is already in there, but the particular flamer-weapons not (yet) ...those may get added later, ...i hope for free with a patch? not a DLC) 

Tankrider will not show up , because it was not official doctrine on that front ...and historical not used often enuf beside as taxi in the save rear areas  (in Battlefronts opinion) to get included
(well, all the Allied vehicles modells would have need some '3.0 overhowling' to bring that feature too)   

JudgeDredd

Their update/purchase/module/patch system throws me EVERYTIME!  ::)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MikeGER

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 11, 2014, 08:46:54 AM
Their update/purchase/module/patch system throws me EVERYTIME!  ::)

i hope they go to Steam one day too (Matrix / Slithere fought a rearguard action against that for some years and now they on it)  and updates and DLC will be handled much easier then

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 11, 2014, 08:40:58 AM
Yeah - but I thought in the past you could get the engine upgrade free is you bought the next gen game/engine.

So I guess my question is - do I have to buy the 3.0 engine update for BfN and FI or did the install of RT update those previous games to the new engine?

what Asid said - an upgrade for the others needs buying

JudgeDredd

ok - so I hear ya...

But...am I going mental  :uglystupid2: or DID thy used to upgrade previous engines with the new engine IF you purchased the new game?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek

dont think so, i remember paying a tenner for 2.0 after CMFI came out

i think its a tenner per family which is why you dont need one for MG

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people


JudgeDredd

Oh - and thanks everyone for listening and answering the ramblings of a nutty forgetful Jock  :crazy2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people


JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bboyer66

My 2 cents.

Just recently I was looking into purchasing Normandy or the new Russian themed game. Really enjoyed the modern Syria version despite some of its early bugs. Anyways, after about 5 minutes of trying to figure out what the hell I needed to buy and patch, I said fuck it. Maybe when things are a little more clear, I will put down the 100+ dollars to get into the game.


sandman2575

Yeah, the updating process is needlessly confusing from a version number standpoint.  If I understand it correctly:

CMBN v.2.12 (currently latest version) + new 3.0 update = CMBN v.2.20

Makes perfect sense, no?   :-\