The French - awesome

Started by undercovergeek, August 13, 2014, 04:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on August 13, 2014, 01:02:02 PMEverything old is new again...especially in France.
Wait, we're talking about cheese now?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: LongBlade on August 13, 2014, 11:11:22 AM
I agree. But antisemitism is a longstanding tradition in Europe for many inexplicable reasons. 1945 should have been the nail in the coffin.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

Sorry, Star. I don't get the reference.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on August 13, 2014, 02:55:46 PM
Star and JH are bear jews.

OK. But the quote below? Seems rather anti-semitic to me.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Greybriar

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 13, 2014, 04:59:21 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28764207

"A prominent Jewish group, the Simon Wiesenthal Centre, has asked the French government to rename a small village in central France that is currently called 'Death to Jews' ('La Mort aux Juifs')."

i mean, what ???

I guess being politically correct isn't such a big deal in France.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Staggerwing

#22
Quote from: LongBlade on August 13, 2014, 03:00:49 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 13, 2014, 02:55:46 PM
Star and JH are bear jews.

OK. But the quote below? Seems rather anti-semitic to me.

It's from the movie "Inglourious Basterds". If you have not seen it, the movie is about (among other things) an Allied commando unit made up of Jewish soldiers who are sent in to occupied France to basically terrorize the German occupiers. Surviving German soldiers refer to the guy pictured as 'The Bear Jew' because he is such a big scary guy (and bludgeons Germans to death with a baseball bat).

The quote below the caption is the Bear Jew's commanding officer (Brad Pitt, btw) telling him to retroactively abort one of their German prisoners while the other prisoner is forced to watch.

It's a Quentin Tarantino film so it gets really out there after a while but I definitely recommend watching it sometime.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 13, 2014, 03:43:04 PM
Inglourious Basterds?

Another movie I need to see. The list, it seems, is endless.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


jejo68

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 13, 2014, 12:59:53 PM
I'm continually amazed at the overtly offensive opinions that are shrugged off by many common Europeans as non-offensive.  I'm hardly a PC extremist, but even I know there are some things you just don't think, say, or do, based on ethnicity, race, religion, etc.

I was even on national radio talking about it, almost 10 years ago:
http://www.bayonetgames.com/images/BrantOnTheHerdOnESPN.mp3

There is not a single multicultural country in the World which doesnt have issues with rascisme, but it cuts both way even though some people for one reason or another think that only a majority "race" og religion can be rascist. Its just that in some countries its more hidden then in others because of PC.
At one point Denmark was proclaimed as a rascist country because people spoke opently about not wanting any more people from middle East coming to our country so the government started restricting immigration. In sweden you didnt have that discussion with the result that you now have more then 100.000 immigrants from the middle East a year, mind you this is a country with 8 mill inhabitants. Large parts of sweden is now inhabitated by foreigners who doesnt speak the language, doesnt Work and where the police and firebrigades cant enter. I know what I prefer so call me rascist any day of the week

bayonetbrant

Quote from: jejo68 on August 16, 2014, 04:01:15 AM
At one point Denmark was proclaimed as a rascist country because people spoke opently about not wanting any more people from middle East coming to our country so the government started restricting immigration. In sweden you didnt have that discussion with the result that you now have more then 100.000 immigrants from the middle East a year, mind you this is a country with 8 mill inhabitants. Large parts of sweden is now inhabitated by foreigners who doesnt speak the language, doesnt Work and where the police and firebrigades cant enter. I know what I prefer so call me rascist any day of the week

I was thinking more about throwing bananas at black players at sporting events, or referring to Oriental people openly as "slant-eyes" or "chingers".  I am 100% in favor of immigrants learning the language of the country in which they aspire to live and even more in favor of the government not catering to those immigrants by providing for them in alternate languages. 
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Atilla60

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 16, 2014, 07:28:03 AM
I was thinking more about throwing bananas at black players at sporting events, or referring to Oriental people openly as "slant-eyes" or "chingers".
It's part of a sub-"culture" called hooliganism and yes, it's a European phenomenon.
But it's hardly a crowd qualifying as a norm in any country. 

If you take a closer look at these people, you'll soon realize that they (for the vast majority) are  youngsters/skinheads and you can be damn sure they don't have a job, Probably never had.

I'll start to worry the day the average Mr/Mrs Smith, Nielsen, Schultz or whatever behaves like that at sporting events.
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

jejo68

#29
well maybe brant, but if I recall you talk about how the germans treat the turkish minority.
Now lets examine that for a moment. you have a minority of 6mill turks in germany where the turkish prime minister during a visit to germany tells how they must never become germans but must remain turkish at Heart. Then he tells them that the minaretes in germany is to be considered muslim forward bases in Europe, and you dont expect people to be just a tad upset at that?
How would you feel if the mexican president came to the US and said that mexicans living there must never consider themselves as Americans and that texas is to be considered a forward base for mexican expansion ?

EDIT:
oh and as Atilla60 said the banana throwing etc is done by a very small minority of holigans who in general hates everyone not just racial or religious minorities.