U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg

Started by gameleaper, August 17, 2014, 02:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Staggerwing

The map in that last screenie is extra-retro!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 17, 2014, 02:37:35 PM
The map in that last screenie is extra-retro!

thats Star Fleet Battles retro.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Toonces

Alright, I need to get serious about programming my own game.  This stuff is awesome!   O0
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

gameleaper

 We all must be old if you guys have seen this sort of thing before :) SFB is a real compliment thanks! I've also included the source code tooncesn thanks for the comments guys.

gameleaper

Toonces after chatting to you 6 months back, it was you who gave me the idea to give wartactical defensive opfire, its on indieDB.com if you want it. Thanks for your support toonces

son_of_montfort

Quote from: gameleaper on August 17, 2014, 02:30:51 PM
Get retro you need to be over 45 to play
http://files4download.com/f/evW its a retro spacetrader game text cusor keys and realy retro graphics

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/8247144/640/8247144.jpg

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/8243326/img/8243326.jpg

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/8215272/img/8215272.jpg ok

Psssh! I'm 35 and I remember games like this. I remember the original "Star Trek" game by Mike Mayfield, although it was technically released before my time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_%28text_game%29
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Jarhead0331

This makes Aurora look like Sins of a Solar Empire.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Quote from: son_of_montfort on August 17, 2014, 06:11:59 PM


Psssh! I'm 35 and I remember games like this. I remember the original "Star Trek" game by Mike Mayfield, although it was technically released before my time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_%28text_game%29

Yep.  Reminds me of the old Star Trek and it's many offspring.

sandman2575

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 17, 2014, 06:26:07 PM
This makes Aurora look like Sins of a Solar Empire.

lol

I guess I'm in the minority, but I cannot for the life of me get into the "Good Old Games" mindset to see past the primitive visuals of any of these types of games.  (I know 'retro' is the point here -- plus I'm 39, so I do remember the days of these types of games).  I can't take the plunge on Aurora for the same reason. 

WYBaugh

I need to write or pay good money for a re-make of Star Fleet I:  The War Begins by Interstel.  To me, the best Star Trek game ever made.  Loved that game on my ST!

tgb

Quote from: WYBaugh on August 17, 2014, 08:02:15 PM
I need to write or pay good money for a re-make of Star Fleet I:  The War Begins by Interstel.  To me, the best Star Trek game ever made.  Loved that game on my ST!

I remember Star Fleet I.  I think I might have reviewed it for STart or ANTIC.  But Rules of Engagement I and II were better.


Rayfer

Quote from: sandman2575 on August 17, 2014, 07:37:38 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 17, 2014, 06:26:07 PM
This makes Aurora look like Sins of a Solar Empire.

lol

I guess I'm in the minority, but I cannot for the life of me get into the "Good Old Games" mindset to see past the primitive visuals of any of these types of games.  (I know 'retro' is the point here -- plus I'm 39, so I do remember the days of these types of games).  I can't take the plunge on Aurora for the same reason.

+1 My sentiments exactly. I've tried and tried, even on old games I played on DOS years ago and enjoyed, but they just don't do it for me any more.

Nefaro

Quote from: WYBaugh on August 17, 2014, 08:02:15 PM
I need to write or pay good money for a re-make of Star Fleet I:  The War Begins by Interstel.  To me, the best Star Trek game ever made.  Loved that game on my ST!

Same. 

I played that one quite a bit on my C64.  Loved it.  Had more personality to it than the old ST versions.  I actually managed to get an emulated DOS version running a few years ago but I recall it was difficult to get going.

From what I understand, the sequel had some more depth but there was some real-time facet that was a pain in the ass.

If they ever added these to the GOG library, I'd snatch them up.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: tgb on August 17, 2014, 09:47:24 PM
Quote from: WYBaugh on August 17, 2014, 08:02:15 PM
I need to write or pay good money for a re-make of Star Fleet I:  The War Begins by Interstel.  To me, the best Star Trek game ever made.  Loved that game on my ST!

I remember Star Fleet I.  I think I might have reviewed it for STart or ANTIC.  But Rules of Engagement I and II were better.

Yes... they were so excellent!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert